Lumia 635 Bugs and Defects

travislicious

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I have been receiving duplicate texts. Sometimes the same text comes in 3 times. All timestamped the same. Different senders on different networks. This doesn't happen on my Nexus 4 so I imagine its a phone issue

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I have been receiving duplicate texts. Sometimes the same text comes in 3 times. All timestamped the same. Different senders on different networks. This doesn't happen on my Nexus 4 so I imagine its a phone issue

I've had the same problem, but only with about 3 or 4 numbers. I figured it was a T-Mobile thing. I got 8 copies of my Bing rewards text. I just put the thread on mute for a day or so. On another one, deleting the thread seemed to take care of it.

jms_209

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
My 635 has been "resuming" when I unlock the phone.
I click the power button, but before the lock screen appears, I get "resuming" for 2-3 secs and then the lock screen.

Dave47

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Bottom up swipe isn't working last few days. This from the lock screen as well as a few tested apps. What does work is a bottom "side" up swipe, but nothing from the actual bottom. Was working fine since I purchased the 635 a few weeks ago. Phone hasn't been dropped or even bumped.

Tried a few soft resets and power cycles. Problem remains.

Suggestions?

travislicious

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Bottom up swipe isn't working last few days. This from the lock screen as well as a few tested apps. What does work is a bottom "side" up swipe, but nothing from the actual bottom. Was working fine since I purchased the 635 a few weeks ago. Phone hasn't been dropped or even bumped.

Tried a few soft resets and power cycles. Problem remains.

Suggestions?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question/suggestion, but by 'actual bottom' you still mean above the bar with the back/windows/search buttons correct? Because if I start my swipe at or below that bar (the bezel) it will not work. Starting it anywhere above that bar seems to work for me.

Dave47

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Forgive me if this is a stupid question/suggestion, but by 'actual bottom' you still mean above the bar with the back/windows/search buttons correct? Because if I start my swipe at or below that bar (the bezel) it will not work. Starting it anywhere above that bar seems to work for me.

Thanks for your reply and it's not a stupid question. Turns out I was indeed starting to swipe below the bezel (starting a bad habit) w/o realizing it. And as you say starting above the bar/bezel works. Thank you. Hope this helps others.

doraemon_918

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I just wonder if anyone has this problem: the xbox music in 635 is recognizing ringtones (I have a few 1 minute songs using as ringtones), and adding it to the playlist? the problem seems to be only in the 635 as it didn't happen on my 920 (also using cyan firmware).

travislicious

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Derecho

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 635 Very HOT

I had the exact same issue and with that phone AT&T go phone variant. It would get extremely hot and not the usual really warm due to heavy smartphone use just in general. Literally the back would get so hot to the touch I would turn if off and remove the battery after it cooled and start it up later and same issue would present itself after some mild use and just being on but not in use. I don't games or anything heavy duty on the phone and wasn't using any third party application just everyday things like web surfing (not streaming videos/graphic heavy webpages) and texting. I had removed all the non essential apps that came pre-installed, turned off location, wifi both on and off same thing would happen the phone would extremely hot, but again having had many smartphones before this isn't the usual phone gets very warm or little hot from heavy duty multimedia streaming or mobile gaming. Even it my pocket some days (I didn't own the phone long) it would get so uncomfortably hot where I would just turn if off and pull the battery. It's a shame in that it was a very nice phone honestly, for that price point especially and what it offered I loved it but ended up returning it. The store I bought it from was out and was only the local store in my area that had it in being a relatively new phone. For now I exchanged for the only other Windows Phone ATT gophone offers the Lumia 520. Money is a little tight for me right now and I need a phone for work and in general so the Lumia 520 will have to do. I would like to give that phone another shot down the line when things lighten up financially for me. Could either just be a fluke we both had that issue or just defect ones in general because this seems like an isolated incident. Best regards.

JimJ2mz

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi there. New 635 owner here and I have to say, the phone works great, except for one thing.
It's Settings>Display>Color Profiles. I prefer a warm, vivid screen and so I decided to adjust the color.
Thing is, the screen stayed warm, but the vivid color revert to natural after I locked my phone and turned the screen on.
You can tell the difference as after I make it full vivid and go back to the homescreen, the wallpaper color is very, well, colorful.
But after locking the device and turning the screen on, it reverts to natural. The settings still are on vivid, but the actual colors are not.
A reboot didn't fix anything. And I'm pretty sure a hard reset won't. I'd rather not go through the trouble of setting everything up again.
So if there's any way you guys can help me, I'd be glad to accept it. ALSO for all the 635 users, try exactly what I did and see if the color settings sticks when you lock your phone and turn on the screen.
Thanks ahead!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi there. New 635 owner here and I have to say, the phone works great, except for one thing.
It's Settings>Display>Color Profiles. I prefer a warm, vivid screen and so I decided to adjust the color.

Thing is, the screen stayed warm, but the vivid color revert to natural after I locked my phone and turned the screen on.
You can tell the difference as after I make it full vivid and go back to the homescreen, the wallpaper color is very, well, colorful.

But after locking the device and turning the screen on, it reverts to natural.
The settings still are on vivid, but the actual colors are not.

A reboot didn't fix anything.
And I'm pretty sure a hard reset won't. I'd rather not go through the trouble of setting everything up again.
So if there's any way you guys can help me, I'd be glad to accept it. ALSO for all the 635 users, try exactly what I did and see if the color settings sticks when you lock your phone and turn on the screen.

Thanks ahead!

I checked to make sure.
If anything is changed in the profile settings you have mentioned on the 635 I have the settings stick after changing.

I know saying this is not any consolation.
Whenever buying a new phone I have found it helpful to hard reset prior to doing anything.

The hard reset isn't bad with CYAN if a back-up is done right before the phone reset.
In my case it costs maybe 15 minutes or so to set-up the phone again.
If you do go this way have the MS account and e-mail passwords handy.

Good luck there ... hope you will resolve this easily.

Delta336

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Just purchased a AT&T branded Nokia 635, to replace my 520. I am on Consumer Cellular, I am unable to get LTE to display when in a strong LTE signal area. Contacted CC several time, reentered the APN and still no LTE display nor speeds. Everything works on it: Internet, SMS, MMS. it only displays 4G speed max and I get real slow 3G to 4G download and upload speeds. Anyone on Consumer Cellular with a 635?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alec sander