Lumia 640 bricked after using WPRT

Martijn Stegeman

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Today i tried to downgrade from Wp10 to Wp8.1 using WPRT but it bricked my Lumia 640. The phone does not respond to anything and the screen stays black. Now it shows as QHSUSB_BULK in device manager when i connect te phone to my pc. WPRT says "The connected device cannot be recovered" when i try to recover it.
I also tried to recover it with the THOR2 method but it give error code "HOR2_EMERGENCYFLASHV1_ERROR_XML_PARSING_FAILED" when i run the command "thor2 -mode emergency -hexfile C:\lumia\HEX.hex -mbnfile C:\lumia\GPT0.bin -orig_gpt". Is there any solution to my problem?
Thanks!

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
yeah same here.

my 930 s dead too.

and there is a number of questions on answers.microsoft website. same issue with different devices.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
i suggest that people don't try to roll back until this issue is resolved, or we all going to be on bricked phones.

ryancut

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else had this issue? I have the WP 10 installed and might want to rollback sometime soon. Want to make sure this isn't an issue that affects all 640s.

Update: Just rolled back to 8.1 with no issues at all. Might be worth noting I used the USB cable that came with the phone.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel