Lumia 640 Bugs & Defects

Nathan-NL

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
re: Lumia 640 Bugs & Defects

When the 640 was just brand new out of the box, there was a little piece of white paper (?) stuck between the USB port and the rubber around the port.

Did anyone else have this?

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

When the 640 was just brand new out of the box, there was a little piece of white paper (?) stuck between the USB port and the rubber around the port.

Did anyone else have this?

No, I cannot remember any paper. And I don't understand the "rubber" you are talking about. Do you mean the back cover material?

ce_tx

May 7, 2015
Visit site

I noticed this morning that when I'd go into anything -- alarm, messaging, contacts, etc. -- the corresponding buttons were off-center. That's something I've never seen before. Rebooting fixed it.

wp_ss_20151025_0001.png

PeterMikePL

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site

I think this is bug too. Sometimes my screen color go contrast. I set the color to standard and that happen 3 times since i buy it. Any of you have experience this? For now my solution is change the color from standard to cool but i don't know how long it will last.

When that has happened to me, I have either powered down the phone or just let the phone go to Glance Screen and then it goes away. I wonder why this happens.

I have read that issue you both describes is hardware issue not software, I have have the same problem with the screen on WP 8.1 update 2. Do you still have this issue after few months on your Lumia 640?

Darren Lay

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site

I have a Lumia 640 with a touch screen issue where when scrolling, the screen gets stuck and starts to crawl slowly. It's as if you are pressing the screen with one finger and scrolling with the other. This seems to be more apparent when it's charging or taken off the charger. I am using the Microsoft charger that came with the phone.

I had this exact same issue with the Lumia 620. Is this a common issue with Lumia phones in general? My 925 and 1020 do not do this.

Peeteris

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site

There is issue with sound on low volumes.
Sound is distorted and some elements are 'cut off' from what is playing from speaker at volumes 1-6 (It depends on music. If song itself is quieter than ''average'' songs, distortion is more noticeable).

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

There is issue with sound on low volumes.
Sound is distorted and some elements are 'cut off' from what is playing from speaker at volumes 1-6 (It depends on music. If song itself is quieter than ''average'' songs, distortion is more noticeable).

I have noticed this "feature" as well.

Navabarathi

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site

Hi Experts,

I bought New MS Lumia 640 from amazon on 08.11.2015. From the day one on-wards my phone was re-starts automatically at-least 6 times per day. So i returned my phone and received new phone. But again i face the same problem, this phones also frequently restarts. It going to flight mode and getting restart while on a call (not always, some times) and some times simply restarts without pressing any button. Also some times not getting mobile range at all even in hot of the city, its tends me to restart the phone, if i do then i am getting the mobile range. Its completely unusual. Please help me to resolve else i have to move to android. Please feel free to call me for further clarification.

Regards,

Navabarathi M, Cell : 8220 58 6663 / 850 875 1800

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Hi Experts,

I bought New MS Lumia 640 from amazon on 08.11.2015. From the day one on-wards my phone was re-starts automatically at-least 6 times per day. So i returned my phone and received new phone. But again i face the same problem, this phones also frequently restarts. It going to flight mode and getting restart while on a call (not always, some times) and some times simply restarts without pressing any button. Also some times not getting mobile range at all even in hot of the city, its tends me to restart the phone, if i do then i am getting the mobile range. Its completely unusual. Please help me to resolve else i have to move to android. Please feel free to call me for further clarification.

Regards,

Navabarathi M

Did you check for updates after loading the phone the first time? There might be one to fix this, just go into settings->update->check for updates until there is finally no updates at all.

Peeteris

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site

Is it normal for this phone to get warm when charging? Battery is cool, but the right side of phone (watching from front) gets warm.

Dzhaner Shukri

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site

Hello guys! I searched in the forums but couldn't find any information about my problem or they didn't work for me. Microsoft Lumia 640 front camera says ''something went wrong". I used lumia recovery tool and did hard reset. What should i do now is it a defect with the camera? It's buyed from EMAG(i am from bulgaria, that's a romanian dealer), i did also a soft reset nothing works...

Last edited:

B4Knight

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site

I've got this weird screen effect going on. It started last night and doesn't show until the phone reaches the AT&T splash screen. It doesn't show when the glance screen is active, but any other time it shows up. Not sure if it's just a weird software glitch, since it's showing up in screenshots. I just hope it's not a hardware failure?

UPDATE: Just did a complete reset and reinstall of the phone using the Windows Device Recovery Tool and it still shows up, but not until the AT&T splash screen. The Microsoft logo at the start is just fine, but then it all goes to hell.

wp_ss_20151203_0002[1].pngwp_ss_20151203_0003[1].jpg

Attachments

• wp_ss_20151203_0001[2].jpg
    wp_ss_20151203_0001[2].jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Wow, that's a new one. Seems like something broke there. The fact that you have tried with the recovery tool and it is still doing the same thing has me wondering if there's an underlying hardware issue.

B4Knight

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site

The interesting thing is that it upon booting up the phone you don't see any graphical issues until you reach the AT&T splash screen. The Microsoft boot screen and the blue Windows logo look perfectly fine. Also when I hard reset the phone the rotating cog sequence also looks perfectly fine, as does the red screen with the rotating arrows when hard resetting using the Windows Device Recovery Tool. Not seeing these issues until a certain point makes me think it's somehow software related or maybe something is screwed up with the AT&T GoPhone ROM? On the other hand I had no issues up until last night (12/02/15) which is when it all started.

I've submitted it in for repair and I hope to ship it out tomorrow by using the prepaid label (UPS 2-Day Air) that they emailed me. So now my phone will be off to Fort Worth, Texas probably until sometime next week :cry:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The interesting thing is that it upon booting up the phone you don't see any graphical issues until you reach the AT&T splash screen. The Microsoft boot screen and the blue Windows logo look perfectly fine. Also when I hard reset the phone the rotating cog sequence also looks perfectly fine, as does the red screen with the rotating arrows when hard resetting using the Windows Device Recovery Tool. Not seeing these issues until a certain point makes me think it's somehow software related or maybe something is screwed up with the AT&T GoPhone ROM? On the other hand I had no issues up until last night (12/02/15) which is when it all started.

I've submitted it in for repair and I hope to ship it out tomorrow by using the prepaid label (UPS 2-Day Air) that they emailed me. So now my phone will be off to Fort Worth, Texas probably until sometime next week :cry:

I'm sorry :( I know how that feels since I did the same. They were actually very quick, but please get a replacement phone if you can (unless you already have one).

B4Knight

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site

Going to ship it out on Monday, since I wasn't able to this weekend. I bought the Lumia 640 as an upgrade from the Lumia 635 (paid $80 for it last October) which I still have and use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlizaForbes