Lumia 640 XL Bugs + Defects

Eisenhorn76

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
That being said, I am a bit meh with the phone's touch. I miss supersensitive touch on the higher ends and it seems that it doesn't always register touches as it should.

Yeah. I wanted to try WP out and got it -- I immediately noticed that it isn't as touch-sensitive as my iPhone 6+ and Note 4. Nothing deal-breaking but I wish it were more sensitive.

VetDuarte

May 4, 2014
Visit site
In Samsung galaxy S4 and Moto E it works fine ..... Issue is with 640XL.. Issue is there everywhere in the city where signal strength is bit low.

It's quite possible you got a defective unit. It happens, regardless of the maker/brand.

Right now, my 640 xl has way better reception than my Note 4.

VetDuarte

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. I wanted to try WP out and got it -- I immediately noticed that it isn't as touch-sensitive as my iPhone 6+ and Note 4. Nothing deal-breaking but I wish it were more sensitive.

Ditto. Mine has a glass protective screen but so does my Note 4, and either way the Note has a flawless touch sensitivity.

Muhammad Ali30

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I have bought Lumia 640 XL about 1.5 months back.. this is my 2nd windows phone and 4th smart phone (used 1 android 4.2 and using 1 Android 2.3 as second phone). My lumia 640 xl has not given me any problems, whatsoever, till date. I am using many apps and games on the phone without any difficulty, including Candy Crush, Subway surfers, Asphalt Overdrive, 2048, Checkers etc. I am using it with continuous WiFi, 2 emails syncing every 30 minutes, viber, whatsapp, skype and line messenger. Using Facebook app and messenger also. Battery lasting for 2 days easily with all this..

PlaymoBg

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have bought Lumia 640 XL about 1.5 months back.. this is my 2nd windows phone and 4th smart phone (used 1 android 4.2 and using 1 Android 2.3 as second phone). My lumia 640 xl has not given me any problems, whatsoever, till date. I am using many apps and games on the phone without any difficulty, including Candy Crush, Subway surfers, Asphalt Overdrive, 2048, Checkers etc. I am using it with continuous WiFi, 2 emails syncing every 30 minutes, viber, whatsapp, skype and line messenger. Using Facebook app and messenger also. Battery lasting for 2 days easily with all this..

Ok, seriously what is wrong with my phone.. I almost never could achieve 2 days of battery life. I play no games, don't use any chat program, emails are set to manual sync. Battery is draining even at night when I am sleeping.
I did a test, left the phone at 100% for the night in airplane mode. For 7 hours sleep the phone has lost 13% :(
Nothing is syncing, nothing is working in the background.. It's pissing me off really

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Ok, seriously what is wrong with my phone.. I almost never could achieve 2 days of battery life. I play no games, don't use any chat program, emails are set to manual sync. Battery is draining even at night when I am sleeping.
I did a test, left the phone at 100% for the night in airplane mode. For 7 hours sleep the phone has lost 13% :(
Nothing is syncing, nothing is working in the background.. It's pissing me off really

Uzor Samuel

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I need a quick help to this one. I can't seem to access some apps installed on my sd card it appears grey coloured and says unavailable and when I tap on it gives a msg that the sd card has not yet loaded the apps and for days it remains so. What do do pls

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I need a quick help to this one. I can't seem to access some apps installed on my sd card it appears grey coloured and says unavailable and when I tap on it gives a msg that the sd card has not yet loaded the apps and for days it remains so. What do do pls
I've had this. I simply turn off and turn on the phone, which seems to make it work.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bugs and solutions of Lumia 640 XL.

Lumia 640 XL is middle range device with some flagship features. But there several leakages in this device. Incude glance screen and flash light. I am using this device since 20 days and the major problem is flash light. Sometimes when I try to on flash light thorug any application available in marketplace like #toolkit and flashlightx, it doesn't work. At the same time when I go to the camera apps and click any picture it works but when I tap on screen to focous it doesn't work and in video mode flash light don't work but when I click any photo at the same it works. This is very confusing error. Have anybody solution or experiencing?

**Tip** The flash light wont work when the phone is plugged in.

Aldis Malahovs

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Just bought my second lumia....first one is 830 ,second is lumia 640 lte.....
At first everuthing was ok,then noticed that glance scrrenn not working at all. No clock or notifications showing .
By the way lumia 830 is ok...no problems at all.
Aldis...latvia...riga

Ramesh KN

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I am facing a weird problem with my 640 XL. It is just a month old. Overnight, it hangs ie anybody trying to call me will get a 'not reachable' message. If I try to make a call, the phone hangs & I need to restart. But other functions work, only calls function is hanging. It looks like if it is kept without using for long time, it probably hangs. I took it to the service center & they said they have a new update & they flashed it for me. It worked fine for one day, but again it has started. Anyone face this issue? wifi & mobile data are kept off. Glance screen is set for '15 minutes'
Another issue I see is that even with auto flash & outdoor photography, the flash comes on. Service center says, that happens on all phones, nobody has complained :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markarmjamtions