Lumia 640 XL Bugs + Defects

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I am facing a weird problem with my 640 XL. It is just a month old. Overnight, it hangs ie anybody trying to call me will get a 'not reachable' message. If I try to make a call, the phone hangs & I need to restart. But other functions work, only calls function is hanging. It looks like if it is kept without using for long time, it probably hangs. I took it to the service center & they said they have a new update & they flashed it for me. It worked fine for one day, but again it has started. Anyone face this issue? wifi & mobile data are kept off. Glance screen is set for '15 minutes'
Another issue I see is that even with auto flash & outdoor photography, the flash comes on. Service center says, that happens on all phones, nobody has complained :)

Disable 'focus assist light'.

anon(9140902)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
You have to take it in to be replaced or repaired. That is the only option for the yellow spot. Any 640 XL's have that problem.

I got my 640 XL replaced today. Went into the Microsoft Store, had to book an appointment with their one of their help people, waited for a bit and then had a new 640 XL within 10 minutes of the appointment time.

They didn't replace the screen protector I had .. blah

rab19xx

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Brought my 640 XL to the service center last week because of the yellow spot and I finally got it back yesterday. I was told they replaced the screen. I hope that yellow spot doesn't return.

Nitish Gongala

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
So my Photos app wasn't functioning like it should (the photos were showing up under wrong dates). I know it was a bug with the app on this phone because it worked fine with the same SD card a day ago on my Lumia 625.
Anyway,I did a factory reset and the phone's stuck on the Apps installing screen. The screen that says,"A few more app still need to finish installing..". Been on this screen over an hour now. I tried a hard reset too but it still gets stuck on this screen. Any fix?
Cheers!

MugoMaria

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
My 640 XL does not connect to the internet (3G) unless I switch it off and back on or switch to flight mode and back to Mobile. I go to Settings>Mobile+SIM> Data Connection>ON. I then have to do a Location Update or put flight mode on and back off. This issue started about two weeks ago. What could be the problem? I am in Kenya on Safaricom 3G.

RobbieCRO

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Also,my 640 XL DS (RM-1096) now has the yellow spot in the upper right corner;brought to service center last Monday,now have to wait...

Tomasklp

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Facing the same problem as Ramesh. My lumia is 640xl dual sim. Sometimes no one can call me, it says i'm not reachable, also i can't call no one too. It show "calling", but no signal. When i try to end that meaningless call it show "ending" and the phone hang on, it just freezes. I have to restart my phone. Then it works for some time, then the same problem occurs again and again. I'm missing important calls!! mobile data is off, tried to swap sim cards. How to fix this??

WxGuesser

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Bought the 640XL and there is an SD card slot. You must remove the back cover and battery as the SD card slot is next to the CIM card slot under the battery. But...The screen sensitivity of the 640XL sucks, and for some reason Microsoft removed the Touch feature to change the sensitivity; it does NOT exist on the 640XL. Why would they do that?

Subhasish Mitra

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone help me to restore my Contact List back on the phone.I have upgraded from Win 8.1 to 10

Model: Microsoft Lumia 640 XL Dual SIM
Software: Windows10 Mobile Insider Preview.

I have landed into big bad problem after software updating my mobile from Win 8.1 to Win 10.
Although the installation of the later software went smooth, but after it got installed & I signed up with my Hotmail account, I found that the 'People-Contact list' is completely blank.
When I tried to log-in myself once again for fetching the missing contacts, the system is responding that the "account is already logged in >cancel".
I have done a reset of my phone, cleaned everything on the disk and booted the system up- after endless updating of inbuilt applications.
The Contacts came back- but then again disappeared after a few hours.
It can be noted here- I can see my WhatsApp contacts and even Skype contacts on their respective browsers.

Can anyone help me to restore my Contact List back on the phone !!!!!!!!???!!!!!!!

It's there very much in my Hotmail- I just need to download them on the mobile.
My Hotmail and my Gmail accounts are fully functional on the phone (as mail browsers).

Rgds.
S M.:smile:

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can anyone help me to restore my Contact List back on the phone.I have upgraded from Win 8.1 to

Can anyone help me to restore my Contact List back on the phone !!!!!!!!???!!!!!!!

Rgds.
S M.:smile:
no reason to shout ;)

sorry you have problems with your contact list. I think I've seen this in another thread, but cannot recall where. May I suggest using MS's app contacts+messages backup that you can download from the store?
Unfortunately, since you already lost the contact list you'd have to do a hard reset again to get it back, then use the app to do a backup to SDCard. This is likely only a temporary solution but worth a try. Otherwise it seems related to the account. I have not seen this issue on our 640XLs on W10M
good luck

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can anyone help me to restore my Contact List back on the phone.I have upgraded from Win 8.1 to

no reason to shout ;)

sorry you have problems with your contact list. I think I've seen this in another thread, but cannot recall where. May I suggest using MS's app contacts+messages backup that you can download from the store?
Unfortunately, since you already lost the contact list you'd have to do a hard reset again to get it back, then use the app to do a backup to SDCard. This is likely only a temporary solution but worth a try. Otherwise it seems related to the account. I have not seen this issue on our 640XLs on W10M
good luck

Is this a new app? I've been looking for something this complete and SIMPLE for a long time, you are a lifesaver!!!!

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with my lumia 640 xl. mine is brownish yellowish streak at the top of the screen. it emanated from the top left side though. I at times massage the phone screen and it kinda disappears for a couple of minutes then returns, but am hoping it will completely go away as it has subsided in terms of its intensity. I live in Kenya, sending it back to Microsoft is a freakin pipe dream and the Microsoft dealer in Nairobi asked for an exorbitant fee going to half the phone's price, never mind the warranty period hadn't expired.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
The lumia 535 has major screen sensitivity issues. Best avoid it if you are into mobile games and fast typing.
did you post in wrong forum thread?

If you are in fact writing about the L640XL, I do not have major issues with the screen. Nor does my wife. There is sometimes a lag or we have to tap twice, but that is rarely happening and not major.

cheers

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with my lumia 640 xl. mine is brownish yellowish streak at the top of the screen. it emanated from the top left side though. I at times massage the phone screen and it kinda disappears for a couple of minutes then returns, but am hoping it will completely go away as it has subsided in terms of its intensity. I live in Kenya, sending it back to Microsoft is a freakin pipe dream and the Microsoft dealer in Nairobi asked for an exorbitant fee going to half the phone's price, never mind the warranty period hadn't expired.

This is common problem with the 640 XL. MS wouldn't repair it for me because I bought an international model and I live in the US. I bought the parts from China to fix it myself, but they arrived broken. Cost to have it professionally fixed is about half the phone cost, with only a 90 day warranty. I'll just wait for the 950 XL and be sure to buy a US model with an extended warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlizaForbes