Lumia 720 Battery Life - Is this normal?

Valiant Lumia 720

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Let's just widen the margin of error. Say 0-4% battery loss for 8 hours. ANd keep in mind that at factory settings, the Lumia 720 according to Nokia, could withstand a total standby time of 520 hours. Maybe that's just an estimate, but that's about 0.19 per hour. Maybe I have tweaked the settings of my phone much less than others that's why I have achieved this standby loss state.

Alsaidy

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I regularly get two full days from a charge, so it is possible. Perhaps you are in a marginal 3G signal area. 3G signal strength can have a huge impact on battery life. If the signal strength is low, the 3G radio is constantly increasing its power output to keep the connection live. The only solution is to go somewhere with better signal strength, or limit the phone to 2G only when in the poor signal area.

Dude you are absolutely correct. I have experienced the same. For now 3G connectivity in my area is not strong so i decide to use either 2G or use wireless while at work.

But still it's not as i expected from this phone concerning the Battery back up we should have concrete solution on this.

lyndonjohn

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
a while ago i charged my NL720 from 10% battery and i turned the airplane mode on. It only took more than an hour (1 hour and 15 minutes i guess) and my battery status indicated a full charge icon. It that normal?

parijatkumar05

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi every one,

Has the issue with whatsapp been resolved??? My Lumia 720 is 3 days old and is draining very quickly. I have just uninstalled the watsapp. Will check after 24 hrs

parijatkumar05

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes...I have installed it again but removed it from background task,I am having no issues with battery now. continuously chating on fb, whatsapp and im+ but discharge rate is arounf 1.5 to 2 %/hour.

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I am having a battery drain of 6-7% / hour on my lumia 720. 2g always on. Location on. 4-5 background tasks. 2-3 hours of browsing on ucbrowser, instagram & whatsapp. Is this normal ????

Phingy Phing

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone i just wanna share that after i bought my Lumia phone i noticed that the
battery life lasted only for a day but after doing some soft reset (holding volume+power off down), and
block some background task that i don't really used plus i switch off my bluetooth, tap/send, battery savers on,
email sync manually, and some more... Well right now i am very much happy for the result :smile: my phone can last for 3-4 days with regular used of : 5 hours playing music/daily, 30mins.-1hr. gaming/daily, surfing facebook/internet, taking picture and etc. Hope this well help your probs as well. Lemme know i'll be happy to help. :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124