Lumia 720 Philippine Users

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Don't you just love it when it happens at a good timing? Haha. Happened to me also a couple of times. I cant figure out the cause though. Major bummer.
haven't you heard of the epic cellular band switch which affects the 1st gen lumias and the legendary pureview 808?..
when your on an area with weak cignal..phone switch bands or it try to connect to another cell tower with stronger cignal..something like that..lol
on this process there is a leak that forces this epic devices to shutdown/restart or sometimes freezes(screen and capacitive keys become unresposive)...

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Lol. So this problem was ported to WP 8 still, yikes! Hopefully this will be gone in 8.1 later this year. *cross fingers

Ian Javines

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone here using sun cellular as network provider for internet, im having hard time looking for the internet settings of it. i even visited sun shop, but they cant provide the settings for lumia 720

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Is your device locked with SUNCellular? I mean did you got it through their Postpaid plan?
I have the unlocked(openline) version and I am on Globe Tipid Plan. Go to settings, under system tap on access point. The device should automatically download APN settings and you are suppose to just tap on the correct one. With mine I have two, Globe Postpaid and Globe Prepaid.
You must select the correct APN to use mobile internet. On access point you should also have the option to manualy add APN. You can search for the APN for SUN..Try also update system settings before doing so.
Does anyone here using sun cellular as network provider for internet, im having hard time looking for the internet settings of it. i even visited sun shop, but they cant provide the settings for lumia 720

gelineSUPER

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine is dead now. 3 weeks in nokia megamall already. No replacement yet and they keep on repairing it though same issues happen. Phone dies three times already and they already replaced the motherboard but still have issues. hay :(

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
^ I'm so sorry you have to through this. I hope things get straightened out for you. No customer should go through this kind of hassle.

On topic, here are some shots I took when I participated in the Test Drive program. Mostly were taken in The Mind Museum.

9108242079_703ae57a3f_z_d.jpg

9110472846_002b4350bf_z_d.jpg

9110444174_613cb34573_z_d.jpg

9108235633_d4515126d6_z_d.jpg 9110558226_e4eb561f40_z_d.jpg

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Ask for a refund like what I did on my L800. Call DTI if they refuse to.
Mine is dead now. 3 weeks in nokia megamall already. No replacement yet and they keep on repairing it though same issues happen. Phone dies three times already and they already replaced the motherboard but still have issues. hay :(

gelineSUPER

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I already reported it to DTI and also I went to SM last Sunday and the guy told me they will call me yesterday but they DIDN'T. I just waited for nothing. I'm getting too annoyed :|

gelineSUPER

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I already called and emailed DTI about this but there is still no reply. I already asked for replacement and I went back to Megamall last Sunday to ask them for any updates and the guy there told me that they will call me the next day which is yesterday but I waited the whole day for nothing. Haaaaaay so annoying :|
Ask for a refund like what I did on my L800. Call DTI if they refuse to.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I already called and emailed DTI about this but there is still no reply. I already asked for replacement and I went back to Megamall last Sunday to ask them for any updates and the guy there told me that they will call me the next day which is yesterday but I waited the whole day for nothing. Haaaaaay so annoying :|

Have you manage to talk to one of DTI reps?

blacklumia

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi! Just like what I posted in another thread, I just jumped ship, and decided to give WP8 a try. I came from a Note II, and am seriously enjoying my yellow Lumia 720. I had a bit of a hard time convincing myself that this is the way to go, but I couldn't resist the temptation to try it. The 720 is just gorgeous! While the Note II has been my daily driver for the last 7 months, this Lumia has already taken its place. I just miss some of my apps. But, all in all, I am very much satisfied with my Lumia. Sometimes, it pays to be different. And I really hate it when almost all people I encounter have the same phone as mine. :) These days as well, galaxy phones have lots of clones. It's just not right. ^.^

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
have you encountered random reboots? what region you are using? I am with US region for the Xbox games support
Hi! Just like what I posted in another thread, I just jumped ship, and decided to give WP8 a try. I came from a Note II, and am seriously enjoying my yellow Lumia 720. I had a bit of a hard time convincing myself that this is the way to go, but I couldn't resist the temptation to try it. The 720 is just gorgeous! While the Note II has been my daily driver for the last 7 months, this Lumia has already taken its place. I just miss some of my apps. But, all in all, I am very much satisfied with my Lumia. Sometimes, it pays to be different. And I really hate it when almost all people I encounter have the same phone as mine. :) These days as well, galaxy phones have lots of clones. It's just not right. ^.^

blacklumia

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
have you encountered random reboots? what region you are using? I am with US region for the Xbox games support
I don't have my phone with me as of the moment, but I believe I have it set up with the local region (Philippines). Random reboots? I think I just had my first random reboot earlier this morning. I tested using the PW lock for the lockscreen. I was charging my device, then I pressed the camera button to unlock the phone. It worked flawlessly last night. However, this morning, it just went black (though, the camera options were showing). I know it restarted because of the freeze in the screen. I tried to replicate the issue, but it didn't happen again. I initially thought it must be due to the phone being plugged in. My Note II had random reboots after just a couple of days. I've had my Lumia for a little more than a week, and this is the first random reboot. One more thing, it could be due to the many apps I installed the day before. :)

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't have my phone with me as of the moment, but I believe I have it set up with the local region (Philippines). Random reboots? I think I just had my first random reboot earlier this morning. I tested using the PW lock for the lockscreen. I was charging my device, then I pressed the camera button to unlock the phone. It worked flawlessly last night. However, this morning, it just went black (though, the camera options were showing). I know it restarted because of the freeze in the screen. I tried to replicate the issue, but it didn't happen again. I initially thought it must be due to the phone being plugged in. My Note II had random reboots after just a couple of days. I've had my Lumia for a little more than a week, and this is the first random reboot. One more thing, it could be due to the many apps I installed the day before. :)
There are badly coded apps that causes reboot..Nokia apps sometimes made my device reboot..official facebook app makes my device warm so I unistalled it together with the nokia apps

jonjerome

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I've been using 720 for almost 3 months and here is my verdict:

Pros:
1. Great Battery Life
2. Impressive Camera with Low-Light Shots that are quite good for a mid-range phone (beat that s3 :p)
3. Clear Black Display is really outstanding, esp. with Sunlight Readability feature
4. Slim Unibody design able to cope up in todays smartphone vital stats.

Cons:
1. 512 Ram
2. 7.2gb internal memory (minus 2gb for System file memory and 1.5 Media File memory leaving us users with a poor 4gb internal memory to dl games and apps - asphalt 7 anyone?)
3. it lacks Nokia Music Support! (a common problem for Lumia WP8 users here in the Philippines )

Im still new here in the thread and learning about some features for the phone. Cheers!

#switch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria