Lumia 830 w/ Windows 10: Slow Start screen

trmnrs

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I hope someone else has this problem as well... But I just installed the Windows 10 for phones TP on my 830 and for some reason, the frame rate when scrolling on the Start screen is incredibly slow. It drops to about half the smoothness and gets really choppy. Even with my background disabled.

I had a similar problem after updating my Lumia 920 to Windows Phone 8.1 many moons ago, and hard resetting didn't solve the problem.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issue? It seems that Daniel Rubino's 830 he installed it on ran buttery smooth.

avasaxo123

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, it is also a problem for me in the app draw..

And I can't find a place in settings where to reset the phone

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried resizing some of your start screen tiles down some and deleting the apps you don't/won't ever use? Also try holding the back button and take down some of your active background apps if you have any up.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Yep. I'm having that issue with my 830 as well. The start screen (using, going to, coming from) is incredibly laggy. When unlocking, as an example, after inputting my PIN code it's about 5-7 seconds before I can use the start screen. I haven't found anything that helps as of yet...will likely try a hard reset later. I've put in feedback....

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
There was a tip that if you set tetra lock screen app as your lock screen, lock the phone, unlock it, then set the lock screen as a wallpaper pic again, it would make the start screen smooth again, try that?

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
There was a tip that if you set tetra lock screen app as your lock screen, lock the phone, unlock it, then set the lock screen as a wallpaper pic again, it would make the start screen smooth again, try that?

Strangely, this kinda worked. Tetra lockscreen isn't functional, but going through those steps did cure the lag after unlocking. The start screen performance is still the same, though.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Strangely, this kinda worked. Tetra lockscreen isn't functional, but going through those steps did cure the lag after unlocking. The start screen performance is still the same, though.

Well you're very welcome that it helped at least a little. I don't have windows 10 yet because its just too non functional for a daily driver as I have only one Lumia. But I pay attention to details like that, cus... You never know. :p

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, the above worked for a bit, but the problem returned. So...

I'm just setting up again after a hard reset. Early signs are that this cured most problems.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Well, the above worked for a bit, but the problem returned. So...

I'm just setting up again after a hard reset. Early signs are that this cured most problems.

Well it helped greatly and wasn't short lived for some who tried it. Hit and miss i guess.

Its usually better to reset after upgrading the whole OS, like 8 to 8.1 etc. Its a standard thing now a days.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Its usually better to reset after upgrading the whole OS, like 8 to 8.1 etc. Its a standard thing now a days.

Usually, but not always necessary. :)

I normally will do the update and see how things go for a day or so. If there are issues, I'll do the hard reset. I haven't always had to start fresh...

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
doing a hard reset seems to solve this issue for me on my 830. I have also noticed for those that have not got the full latest denim update that the lumia camera 5 is actually the default camera app on win 10.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
doing a hard reset seems to solve this issue for me on my 830. I have also noticed for those that have not got the full latest denim update that the lumia camera 5 is actually the default camera app on win 10.

Its been said they plan to bring Lumia Camera 5, specifically its speed improvements, too all windows 10 phones, at least the Lumias anyway.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
yes the default camera app on my 830 without the full denim update, after installing the win10 TP now has the Lumia 5 camera app but is the default camera app

carguy303

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

Did you restore from backup or set up as a new device?

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Did you restore from backup or set up as a new device?
hard reset, then I setup as a new device. but to tell you the truth the slowness and sluggish ui seems to be a problem on all devices I have tried, the only one that did not suffer was my 1020, but that had other issues with the access point and data connections. I would truly wait for the next build to come out in March.

carguy303

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
hard reset, then I setup as a new device. but to tell you the truth the slowness and sluggish ui seems to be a problem on all devices I have tried, the only one that did not suffer was my 1020, but that had other issues with the access point and data connections. I would truly wait for the next build to come out in March.

Yeah it's pretty frustrating because the build is rock solid otherwise for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny