Lumia 900 No Data on 3G/4G

firepromaster

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Provisioned it, did some background tasks and made sure they able to see my phone on their end. After this, removed sim and powered down. Reinstalled sim and powered on. Had me toggle wifi off. Had me toggle data and airplane mode off and on, which sent me a message that automatically took my phone to sim applications menu and gave me a button to turn off my phone. After this we did a hard reset and its been working since flawless. I think it's faster to do support chat sessions then calling att. They respond almost instantaneously. Keep trying, one rep is bound to get it working for you permanently.

nikkopol

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Provisioned it, did some background tasks and made sure they able to see my phone on their end. After this, removed sim and powered down. Reinstalled sim and powered on. Had me toggle wifi off. Had me toggle data and airplane mode off and on, which sent me a message that automatically took my phone to sim applications menu and gave me a button to turn off my phone. After this we did a hard reset and its been working since flawless. I think it's faster to do support chat sessions then calling att. They respond almost instantaneously. Keep trying, one rep is bound to get it working for you permanently.
Yeah, I did all of that yesterday with AT&T support. And it worked...for about 12 hours. Now it's not. Contacted them again. Tried everything except for the hard reset this time (I'm tired of re-configuring the phone). Going to get a new SIM tomorrow. We'll see.

reelon

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
for what it's worth, I'm having the same issues with my galaxy note. I have data connection then it's gone and comes back again.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
for what it's worth, I'm having the same issues with my galaxy note. I have data connection then it's gone and comes back again.
Does your note show LTE or 4G but you have no data connection or are your LTE/4G indicators not showing up with no data?

firepromaster

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
They told me the hard reset was the last ditch effort and if that hadnt worked that getting a new sim was the next step, but I just haven't had to do that. Hope ya'll solve ya'lls problems. Also just saying, is that my phone doesn't even show on my plan on the website, was still showing a focus and I changed it to a generic one, because Lumia isn't selectable. I have a feeling that they don't have the phone fully in the system yet and that's why they're having so much trouble with it. Just a theory. No evidence though.

haleme

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
After spending an hour on the phone with AT&T this evening, I was still dead in the water. Reading firepromaster's post about pulling the sim gave me an idea. AT&T had already done the work to reprovision the account this evening. I tried to use data on my Lumia. Nothing. Pulled the sim out with the phone on. Once the missing sim status appeared in the sys tray, I powered down, reinserted the sim and powered on. DATA! Thinking about a new sim first thing in the morning.

dangish

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
My focus S has been going in and out for about 3 weeks. I'm thinking some SIMs may be screwy or its an at&t tower backend issue.

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
My phone is hopefully delivered by tomorrow and i am from Canada and on Rogers .. I will test this out and let you guys know ..

Gurggles

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Quick restart

This is getting really frustrating. I got my data connections back after hard resetting. Then I called AT&T to get my visual voicemail setup, the rep did something for like 30 minutes and after visual voicemail was enabled, poooooofffff my data connection dropped again. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

I did a quick restart today with my phone and suddenly data is working. I noticed this weekend that myATT didn't recognized the Nokia. Perhaps this was just a back-end issue since the phone had not officially come out AT&T's network might not of let it connect. After a quick restart today data started working!

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Update to my data issue:
I spoke with an AT&T tech rep today. I jumped through all the hoops, he provisioned it again and got data working...then I rebooted...data was gone. So I switched to a brand new sim card...hes set it up over the phone and it worked great until I turned the phone off and turned it back on...and then no data again. He gave me a reference number and said it is most likely the phone....I'm bummed out since in every other way this phone is fantastic.

I'll be hearing back on the 12th for a resolution to this.
If this remains a problem I will unfortunately dump Windows Phone forever. I have an HTC Surround that is not dependable because it reboots on it's own then can't read the built in SD card so every two days I need to factory reset it....now my brand new Nokia WP isn't dependable for data without having to factory reset it which doesn't always solve the data issue.. I just put my sim back into my Galaxy Skyrocket and data is blazing fast and solid. What a shame...Hello again Android you boring choppy os.......at least you work......ugh

haleme

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
And data died on my phone at 1 today. Pulling the sim, airplane mode off/on, cell data off/on and multiple power cycles have had no effect.

firepromaster

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Sucks for ya'll, wish you were having better success. I don't believe I left anything out of my previous posts on troubleshooting and I'm still rocking lte. Att did ask for my sim # but not my imei.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Sucks for ya'll, wish you were having better success. I don't believe I left anything out of my previous posts on troubleshooting and I'm still rocking lte. Att did ask for my sim # but not my imei.
Have you rebooted the phone yet?....if not..DON'T....you may lose your connection.

twingravity

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
What did they do? This is my third day in a row of phone support from AT&T to get data working again.

I had the problem where it showed 4G and full bars but I got no data. When I called in I had already rebooted and done several hard resets so he just told me to power down the phone and he did some sort of reset "on the tower" on their end. When I powered back on the data was working instantly. If you call in, I'd recommend telling them that you've reset already cause it got me the fix quickly.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the problem where it showed 4G and full bars but I got no data. When I called in I had already rebooted and done several hard resets so he just told me to power down the phone and he did some sort of reset "on the tower" on their end. When I powered back on the data was working instantly. If you call in, I'd recommend telling them that you've reset already cause it got me the fix quickly.
I did exactly that and the Rep got it working......Then I rebooted the phone to test the connection strength and data was again gone. The Rep also told me that a Nokia Rep called with the same issue on the realease phone...but had no problems with his test phone.

Ihave a funny feeling this is more of an issue than people think. So far most people that have no problem have strong LTE or no LTE. It seems as though that pass off to and from LTE and 4G is causing a problem for those of us in the in-between areas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)