Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

ferazzz1985

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Fed up with Nokia 920 battery issues

Maybe I am ust not as picky but I get anywhere from 8-10 hours of battery life under very heavy usage. I mean at least 40+ emails and constant calls + facebook + twitter. I do have wifi + bluetooth + NFC turned off as well. I have all my background apps running in the background with my brightness set at medium. I think the battery life is fine as I always keep my LTE on. Yes it is not as god as my iPhone 5 was but I am also taking into account the screen size,...
Julian

xpitris

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Battery drains really fast when idle

Hi,
I already read some problems with battery life here in the forum, but still I think this is something different.

Couple of days ago my black Lumia 920 started to discharge really quickly although it was not used much. I already had this problem in the past but simple turn off and on always helped.
Although the device is unused it's still hot in the upper part (maybe CPU is there?) and battery is drained really fast, around 15%-20% an hour when being not used.
I tried to disable all background processes, setup airplane mode, uninstalled some apps and also did some other tweaks but with no luck. I tried to do soft restart (couple of times) but still no obvious improvement.
My last change before going for a warranty service is to try a hard reset, but I don't really like this option.

Does anyone has the same problem or maybe a hint what to try?

:Just a side question. Is it normal that clock is reset after doing soft restart? What else is cleared during soft restart?

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery drains really fast when idle

Yes the clock reset i perfecrly normal. What I would suggest is to try to remeber the last few apps u installed, and remove them from ur phone, then do a complete reboot. If that doesn't help, go to settings and reset ur phone to fabric state. This actually might be due to some app u installed, and everything smells like it. If not - then the battery is faulty.

meggsrp

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

I'm suffering the same problem. Seems to be the HERE apps that were updated last week.
I've deleted them all recharged the phone and after 6 hours still have 97% left (an estimated 9.5 days!!!)
I'll try putting them back one at a time to see which one(s) cause the problem.

longnd

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm getting the same problem, but not because of the HERE apps. I suffer it since I bought my 920. Even though I dont use it much, the battery keep draining out quickly.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I get alot of drain on standby. Its not really bad but compared to an iPad which will last days on standby its definitely a bit odd. What is it doing??

Tiago Lopes

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I get alot of drain on standby. Its not really bad but compared to an iPad which will last days on standby its definitely a bit odd. What is it doing??

dude ur iPad isn't a phone, its not constantly checking in with your network waiting for a call or text, so it will last longer

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Same here. I realized it started to fluctuate randomly after I updated the Battery Sense app last week. I think it's around the same time when the HERE apps updates. Even if I turned off the cellular, the discharge rate is still pretty high. Sometimes the device became hot, but sometimes it didn't. That's the strange part. Discharge rate is high, but didn't get hot.
Before the updates, when the discharge rate is high, it will definitely become hot. Has been trying to solve this problem but haven't found any solutions yet. I have even uninstalled 2 battery apps (I used 3)
Did soft reset, but no effect as well. I don't want to do hard reset because it means I have to download all the apps again.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

I think the Battery App might be a problem. And never use more than 1 at a time - it will suck ur battery dry. I am currently using Battery - from Enless Soft Ltd. try that on, maybe it will help. Also check the background apps, I am used to exit any app with back back back, instead of Home button. A habbit from using iPhone - instead, there I have used WeeKillBackground - around 30-50 times/day :D Almost after any app. i simply like to keep everything clean. On my PC I rarely use multitasking - one job at a time :D

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I think the Battery App might be a problem. And never use more than 1 at a time - it will suck ur battery dry. I am currently using Battery - from Enless Soft Ltd. try that on, maybe it will help. Also check the background apps, I am used to exit any app with back back back, instead of Home button. A habbit from using iPhone - instead, there I have used WeeKillBackground - around 30-50 times/day :D Almost after any app. i simply like to keep everything clean. On my PC I rarely use multitasking - one job at a time :D

But before the problem started to happen, I've already had the 3 battery apps running without any random battery drain. The battery app that you mentioned is one of the 3 battery apps that I used.
Yeap, I never have any background apps running. I always make sure everything has been closed. But still the phone has been acting strangely ever since that day -.-"

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

After installing a few apps I started getting a massive battery drain. Completely drained within 6-7 hours. I uninstalled the Nokia PlayTo app and now my battery is back to normal. If you've installed that app, you may want to try uninstalling it and rebooting. My battery problems had nothing to do with the Here updated apps.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
dude ur iPad isn't a phone, its not constantly checking in with your network waiting for a call or text, so it will last longer

My iphone would last 2 days too with reasonable use and that included gaming. You have to admit the 920 is a great device but the battery is garbage. It will not last a full day with normal usage and forget gaming on it, It would barley last half a day.

Ive had a heavy day of usage on my 920 today, browsing for houses and using the satnav and its on charge now. I probably got 5hrs out of it.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

After installing a few apps I started getting a massive battery drain. Completely drained within 6-7 hours. I uninstalled the Nokia PlayTo app and now my battery is back to normal. If you've installed that app, you may want to try uninstalling it and rebooting. My battery problems had nothing to do with the Here updated apps.

I don't install Nokia PlayTo app. My main suspect is the Battery Sense, however, it is now a paid app. I installed it when it was free. And my carrier has not supported carrier-billing yet. So if I uninstalled it, and it wasn't the problem, I can't use it again.
And before the problem happened, I had 9 apps allowed in the background tasks and didn't drain the battery randomly or quickly.
Something must have caused it, still testing one by one. Another suspect is my carrier itself, as I've seen the signal fluctuate every few seconds since the problem arise.

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

i do the same thing haha. i have to end all my apps. smart man:)

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm the same when I'm done using an app but ending apps and killing background tasks are two separate things on Windows Phone. Backing out of an app doesn't necessarily kill the background task for that app. You have to manually block background tasks by going into the settings. Every app I have that is not using a live tile or doesn't notify me using toast has its background task disabled in the settings.

Also, I never understood the infatuation with battery apps... if I wanted to know the percentage of battery life, I just go into settings and take a quick look. I don't need an app with another background task running every 30 minutes for something I rarely need to see and for which I can do manually in seconds...

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I'm the same when I'm done using an app but ending apps and killing background tasks are two separate things on Windows Phone. Backing out of an app doesn't necessarily kill the background task for that app. You have to manually block background tasks by going into the settings. Every app I have that is not using a live tile or doesn't notify me using toast has its background task disabled in the settings.

Also, I never understood the infatuation with battery apps... if I wanted to know the percentage of battery life, I just go into settings and take a quick look. I don't need an app with another background task running every 30 minutes for something I rarely need to see and for which I can do manually in seconds...

to monitor the average discharge rate?

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

my phone discharged around 30% in about an hour of hard core game play and music streaming. is that normal?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sauceruney