Lumia 920 camera and picture quality issues after Cyan update

benjisan

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi
wonder if anyone experienced issues with Nokia Camera App and picture quality issues after updating Lumia 920 to Windows Phone 8.1. I updated my Lumia yeserday and noticed 2 issues. Firstly, the picture quality has worsened. The picture taken with mu lumia are blury and all grainy. I compered them to pictures I took three days ago and the difference is HUGE. My lumia doesn't take any good photos any more. After the Cyan update it has become an entry-level phone. The second issue is also connected with Nokia camera App. When I start the application a strange buzzing/humming sound comes from the speakers. It stopswhen I close the application. I doesn't occur with any other application using camera. I am looking a way to come back to Windows Black.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i thought black was worse than amber too, seems to be a bit of a pattern emerging with each FW update.....you end up with worse PQ than when bought it, a cynical ploy to expediate the lifecycle of a phone so we buy bigger and better? ;)

Torontonian22

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I think it's time for people to get their hopes down a little. Nokia announced on Twitter that they would improve the picture quality of the 920 a few months after the release. but this news was just a tweet, nothing official. All updates we received never corrected the camera, it actually made it worse. Getting a better picture quality is not going to happen, ever. It's frustrating but asking the same question over and over again in the hopes that quality will improve is just wrong.

If you want an improvement, you will need to buy a new device. However, when I see the 930 results, I'm not actually impressed at all either...

Long story short, the 920 will not get better. It's sad, but that was simply a communication plan from Nokia with no intentions to make things better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss