Lumia 925 Date and Time Problem

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I got my new 925 this morning and I've been playing with it most of the day, very pleased.

I have one issue though that I'm hoping for help with. The date and time keep resetting to random times and dates which renders the phone useless. It won't allow me to download apps, it won't sync email, I can't trust the alarm, etc. I have the region correctly set and it is syncing automatically. I don't have an option available to set the time and date manually.

Any ideas/help would be appreciated.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Have you updated to 8.1? I'm thinking if not, then there might be something wrong with your phone's bios, and updating it might fix the issue. You can find out how to get into the Developer Preview and get 8.1 on your device by searching for it on these forums. :)

Could even see if there's any updates for your phone before hand too.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Still on 8.

I don't want to update until the official release. I updated my 1020 to 8.1 and it started dropping the data connection.

The 925 is fully up to date, first thing I did when I opened it was manually check for updates.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Also, I'm convinced that on other Windows Phone I've had (1020, 520, 625) that I had the option to manually set the time and date. It seems to be missing, here's a screenshot.

Attachments

• 13768.jpg
    13768.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 55

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
You can Click on the Time/Date to manually set them.

I do not see a option to turn off auto-matic set time so it must be specific to phone carrier and rom you are using. I have the option to turn off automatic time (T-Mobile,521).

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, if updating is out of the question, how about a hard reset?

Also, I'm convinced that on other Windows Phone I've had (1020, 520, 625) that I had the option to manually set the time and date. It seems to be missing, here's a screenshot.

That's the issue, he changes it, but then it changes randomly on him, which needs to be fixed some how, I'm just not too sure how to do that.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, thanks guys. Already tried a hard reset, no difference. It's a bit of a mystery to me this, very frustrating.

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you have a rogue cell tower nearby that's sending wrong date/time info? Would be pretty unlikely that it happened right as you put your SIM into a new phone, though. You could put the SIM into your old phone and use the 925 on wifi only for a while to see if the problem still occurs, that would help narrow down if the problem was coming over-the-air or generated somewhere inside the phone itself.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Good thinking although we have a 520, 1020, Nexus 5 and iPhone 5 in the house with no such problems so I think we can rule the local tower out.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Get the Uptime app, the one that will tell you how long your phone was on, and when it was last reset. I found that If I don't have good service, and the phone resets, it'll pick a seemingly random time and date. It will do it if I do a soft reset. Even if I set it manually, a reset will randomize the time.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I had to arrange for it to be sent back today. The screen was intermittently not switching on and switching off when it was on.

Clearly a faulty handset.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

realslimshady

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I found that If I don't have good service, and the phone resets, it'll pick a seemingly random time and date. It will do it if I do a soft reset. Even if I set it manually, a reset will randomize the time.
This is precisely my problem-is it a fault with the phone itself then? It's a right pain. Doesn't happen often, but has now done it twice in the last 24 hours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)