lumia 950 help

YuJuFrazer213

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm having issues with my Lumia 950. For starters it keeps restoring 2-3 year old texts for no reason. I'll delete them off the phone and then a day or two later they pop back up. This is super annoying, I was thinking about formatting amd starting over but I'm unsure this will help. How do I manage my back ups? Also I recall them announcing android and iPhone bridges to run their apps via the developer feature but I cannot find anything out this. :(. Thanks for the help in advance guys.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
, I was thinking about formatting amd starting over but I'm unsure this will help. How do I manage my back ups?

this will be a wise decision to start over afresh, your contacts are regularly synced over Microsoft account so no need to worry about them. as win 10 is still getting its edges sharpened there are a few blunt areas as such you have faced. hard reset should level them out :)
do update your phone if any update is pending, it is suggested to start afresh and not to restore any backup , so there you go with it :)
I recall them announcing android and iPhone bridges to run their apps via the developer feature but I cannot find anything out this.

project island wood as it has been named is available to developers to bridge/port ios apps to windows phone.

do note that project astoria has been dropped which made possible to port android apps :)

YuJuFrazer213

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
So its not something I can port the apps my self? Like on my amazon fire tab I was able to install android apps that the amazon marketplace didn't support. Is there a web page to see upcoming updates? Cause I love this phone and there's only a few more things that I want the phone to have. Like displaying battery percentage, Microsoft to encourage companies to create their own tile icons instead of my phone using the generic tile. There are only a few apps I'm missing that my iPhone had which are my gaming voice apps like discord and mumble. Then there is the millions of games :/. I wanna be kept up to date on the future of my phone.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm having issues with my Lumia 950. For starters it keeps restoring 2-3 year old texts for no reason. I'll delete them off the phone and then a day or two later they pop back up. This is super annoying, I was thinking about formatting amd starting over but I'm unsure this will help. How do I manage my back ups? Also I recall them announcing android and iPhone bridges to run their apps via the developer feature but I cannot find anything out this. :(. Thanks for the help in advance guys.

In Messages settings, select a time less than Forever in Sync (ideal is one month)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
So its not something I can port the apps my self? Like on my amazon fire tab I was able to install android apps that the amazon marketplace didn't support. Is there a web page to see upcoming updates? Cause I love this phone and there's only a few more things that I want the phone to have. Like displaying battery percentage, Microsoft to encourage companies to create their own tile icons instead of my phone using the generic tile. There are only a few apps I'm missing that my iPhone had which are my gaming voice apps like discord and mumble. Then there is the millions of games :/. I wanna be kept up to date on the future of my phone.

SUre you can. In settings, write Developer in search line, and you find the Developer submenu. You can enable sideload loading, usb loading, wifi system check (same as desktop Ctrl + Shift + Esc)
There's a whole subforum here dedicated , Hacking and Developemnt for deployn apps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss