Lumia Lawsuit Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason hogan1

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft sold the 950 series phone as a flagship at flagship prices then promptly trashed it. Those of us with these phones essentially have no advantage over a cheap android phone with the exception of continuum, which isn't exactly a killer app for a lot of people.

Microsoft promised the world and not only changed the plan after we gave up the money but somehow managed to break previously functional features with each "update". These forums are full of people with the same complaints. That can't be an accident, it's an indicator of a larger problem.

Tech support is useless and even rude. Microsoft seems to have no plan to fix the features broken by their own updates. They aren't updating their own apps on this platform unless they get around to it after taking care of Android and iOS. Does that sound like a company dedicated to supporting its user base?

I am exploring the option of a class action lawsuit based on their promises during launch and their behavior shortly afterward. These practices were deceptive at best and outright reckless when you factor in the host of features actively broken in the updates.

I am interested to hear thoughts from anyone regarding their experiences and whether they would be interested. All comments, positive and negative, are welcome. Thank you.

Last edited:

John Wolf1

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft sold the 950 series phone as a flagship at flagship prices then promptly trashed it. Those of us with these phones essentially have no advantage over a cheap android phone with the exception of continuum, which isn't exactly a killer app for a lot of people.

Microsoft promised the world and not only changed the plan after we gave up the money but somehow managed to break previously functional features with each "update". These forums are full of people with the same complaints. That can't be an accident, it's an indicator of a larger problem.

Tech support is useless and even rude. Microsoft seems to have no plan to fix the features broken by their own updates. They aren't updating their own apps on this platform unless they get around to it after taking care of Android and iOS. Does that sound like a company dedicated to supporting its user base?

I am exploring the option of a class action lawsuit based on their promises during launch and their behavior shortly afterward. These practices were deceptive at best and outright reckless when you factor in the host of features actively broken in the updates.

I am interested to hear thoughts from anyone regarding their experiences and whether they would be interested. All comments, positive and negative, are welcome. Thank you.
Unfortunately you would have no leg to stand on. This is the world of consumer phones and electronics. Phones come and go all the time. You bought a product and got some life out of it. It's just time to move on, Microsoft certainly has.

jason hogan1

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately you would have no leg to stand on. This is the world of consumer phones and electronics. Phones come and go all the time. You bought a product and got some life out of it. It's just time to move on, Microsoft certainly has.

I'd be content if they would just stop breaking what's left at this point.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@jason hogan1, I would say this: Microsoft offered a 30-Day money back guarantee, so if someone wasn't happy they could return the phone. A lot of the complaints here are from beta testers, on the insider program. Also, the improvements I have seen over the last 15 months are substantial, so I don't really see any reason to blame MS, its not like our phone caught fire, or anything:)

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Sorry but what budget Android phone in 2015 gave you Continuum, 21mp PureView camera, Iris Scanner, 2k amoled display, 2/3gb ram, wireless charging and one of the 1st phones to bring USB type C to name but a few features???
I'm definitely not biased for Windows phones as I use all platforms but to say the 950 and 950xl aren't flagship specs even now let alone 18 months ago is crazy. Windows mobile platform has always had it's shortcomings with apps etc and we all bought them regardless. They have to honour the updates to the phones for 2 years and they will do and still updating phones 4 years old to the latest software so I don't get your points? I'm as frustrated as anyone with Microsoft and the way they've picked up mobile, played around with it then threw it down again leaving many of us wondering what the hell is happening with it but I still bought a Lumia 950 then later a 950xl knowing full well apps were being pulled from the store and the platform was likely dying. I've honestly never had any problems with either phone and I enjoy my 950xl everyday for what is and what it still does

jason hogan1

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Sorry but what budget Android phone in 2015 gave you Continuum, 21mp PureView camera, Iris Scanner, 2k amoled display, 2/3gb ram, wireless charging and one of the 1st phones to bring USB type C to name but a few features???
I'm definitely not biased for Windows phones as I use all platforms but to say the 950 and 950xl aren't flagship specs even now let alone 18 months ago is crazy. Windows mobile platform has always had it's shortcomings with apps etc and we all bought them regardless. They have to honour the updates to the phones for 2 years and they will do and still updating phones 4 years old to the latest software so I don't get your points? I'm as frustrated as anyone with Microsoft and the way they've picked up mobile, played around with it then threw it down again leaving many of us wondering what the hell is happening with it but I still bought a Lumia 950 then later a 950xl knowing full well apps were being pulled from the store and the platform was likely dying. I've honestly never had any problems with either phone and I enjoy my 950xl everyday for what is and what it still does

My functionality comment was more based on stuff not freezing/closing randomly, sorry for the ambiguity.

I don't bother using iris recognition anymore since late last year
. The camera app has been randomly freezing after about every 3rd or 4th photo (not taken rapidly, sometimes hours apart) for months. The pop up keyboard about 50% of the time doesn't pop up. The Bluetooth stack is ridiculous. The backlight doesn't come on about half the time I wake the phone. I've done hard reaets, soft reset and reboots. Tech support is downright rude and ms won't fix anything unless i pay them. Every issue has been a software problem tied to an update. If it is hardware related I certainly didn't break it. Just frustrated.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
My functionality comment was more based on stuff not freezing/closing randomly, sorry for the ambiguity.

I don't bother using iris recognition anymore since late last year
. The camera app has been randomly freezing after about every 3rd or 4th photo (not taken rapidly, sometimes hours apart) for months. The pop up keyboard about 50% of the time doesn't pop up. The Bluetooth stack is ridiculous. The backlight doesn't come on about half the time I wake the phone. I've done hard reaets, soft reset and reboots. Tech support is downright rude and ms won't fix anything unless i pay them. Every issue has been a software problem tied to an update. If it is hardware related I certainly didn't break it. Just frustrated.

believe me @jason hogan1, we ALL feel your pain:)

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
chances are there aren't enough participants for a "class" designation

just sell that thing(if you can) and get a phone that works, move on, your life will be way less miserable that way

jason hogan1

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
That's just ridiculous, and your points are exaggerated it untrue.

Move on.

I can assure that I'm not lying. I don't have that much free time.

As far as moving on, I am. I failed to realize until just recently that all MS support for Lumia goes to a third party called B2X now. Microsoft has essentially completely disowned the Lumia. I'm out. Forget I said anything, didn't mean to offend you regarding your phone of choice.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We'll just close this off here. The OP had his say and I don't want to see this devolve into endless back and forth bickering as so many threads of this type do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos