Make your bets, new high end Lumia coming the end of this year?

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Damn man, is hard to be on the WP boat these days, so many good high end phones in the Android front like the G3, ONE, S5, Note 4, Z3, Z3 compact, etc...

I want a new WP flagship ASAP!, the 930 is not for me, 32gb only is ridiculous these days, my old N82 had more memory than this!...

...so make your bets, new high end WP coming this fall?, Yes or big NAAHHH!?!

What other non-wp phone would you get if this is not the case?

prebuss

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I would buy Lumia that has a 1080p screen, 5 inch display, with sd card slot (or 64GB version) and glance screen. That's all. Been waiting for such a phone for more than half a year and still I am stuck with Lumia 925 32GB for over a year now :/

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope, no flagship because the 930 IS THE FLAGSHIP of this generation. (ok fine, maybe the 1520 is there too)

I dont know why people keep thinking the 930 is at the end of its rope.

but still, 32 GB is a good size for me (heck, there's 16 GB options elsewhere sooo, but yea it varies)

If I had to ditch Windows Phone, I'd probably spring for either a Moto X (1st gen) or iPhone 5s. (maybe the 6)
but that's just me.

vaultsurvivor

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I want a Z3 running windows phone. I love Nokia to pieces but if sony did that I think id go a bit fan boy... I know they smash buy I love the glass sandwich phones, and the Z3 is a monster. And it seems to be the only phone with a camera to compete with Nokia hardware.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Nope, no flagship because the 930 IS THE FLAGSHIP of this generation. (ok fine, maybe the 1520 is there too)

I dont know why people keep thinking the 930 is at the end of its rope.

but still, 32 GB is a good size for me (heck, there's 16 GB options elsewhere sooo, but yea it varies)

If I had to ditch Windows Phone, I'd probably spring for either a Moto X (1st gen) or iPhone 5s. (maybe the 6)
but that's just me.

The lack of Glance makes me uninterested in the 930.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My phone warned me of low storage today, and I don't even feel like I have much on it. I don't use apps, so it's just photos and music. Not even that much music, frankly.

I can't see myself buying anything with under 64GB ever again.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
100 imaginary dollars on end of October/beginning of November. Oh and I'll take three megamillion lottery quickpicks while Im at it...

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Damn man, is hard to be on the WP boat these days, so many good high end phones in the Android front like the G3, ONE, S5, Note 4, Z3, Z3 compact, etc...

I want a new WP flagship ASAP!, the 930 is not for me, 32gb only is ridiculous these days, my old N82 had more memory than this!...

...so make your bets, new high end WP coming this fall?, Yes or big NAAHHH!?!

What other non-wp phone would you get if this is not the case?

I would buy Lumia that has a 1080p screen, 5 inch display, with sd card slot (or 64GB version) and glance screen. That's all. Been waiting for such a phone for more than half a year and still I am stuck with Lumia 925 32GB for over a year now :/

I am in the same boat, waiting for a new wp flagship. I am pleased with the beautiful design of Lumia 930, although I don't like 830. The only thing with 930 that bothers me is lack of glance screen, and they could have made camera much better. I wish Nokia brings a new flagship with a design similar to 930 but speaker placement similar to 830, an advanced processor 805 or 810, a camera with bigger sensor and lens, so that its day light pictures are as good as 930 and low light images are as good as 920.

But after reading numerous threads, I doubt if Nokia will release any device before WP10. But Nokia denim is on its way, so you never know that Nokia might come up with a surprise

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't the 1520 announced around this time last year?

I really hope something is up. My 920 is starting to get a little long In the tooth.

I would LOVE to grab a 930/icon, but I am not, or will I ever be a Verizon customer. I have a few lines that end in different times of the year, and years, so moving to another carrier would be too damn expensive for me.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
The 930 is the flagship of the season, we shouldn't expect that to change so soon. There was a 7 month gap between 920 and 925, though. So I'm hoping for leaks and rumors for a phone with improvements soon. Honestly, if they add glance, an SD-slot (though I don't really care for this part, but whatever the masses need, I suppose), fix the heating issue and improve the battery life to be somewhere close the 1520, I would get it in a heartbeat.

The screen, the camera, everything else is good. I never thought I'd care about glance but since I started using it, now I can't think of having a phone without one. :( Nokia has spoiled me.

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
The 930 is the flagship of the season, we shouldn't expect that to change so soon. There was a 7 month gap between 920 and 925, though. So I'm hoping for leaks and rumors for a phone with improvements soon. Honestly, if they add glance, an SD-slot (though I don't really care for this part, but whatever the masses need, I suppose), fix the heating issue and improve the battery life to be somewhere close the 1520, I would get it in a heartbeat.

The screen, the camera, everything else is good. I never thought I'd care about glance but since I started using it, now I can't think of having a phone without one. :( Nokia has spoiled me.

Exactly, lack of glance on the ICON/930 was almost devastating for me and 32gb is not the ideal, heck, I'd go with 16gb with msd support instead every time, I have read a lot of comments from people saying that 16gb is enough for them so why not giving the users the power to decide?

The 1520 is pretty much perfect in the specs sheet but at 6 inches it is a niche device for me.

I wouldn't mind if MS releases an updated 925 with the snapdragon 805, 2gb of RAM, same sensor of the 930 and 26xx+ mAh battery and msd support (also don't forget qi wc, nfc and glance),...

LumiaIcon

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
No chance. I am happy with my Icon but what I really want is 1520 on Verizon. I wish you could make it work! I don't think the lack of offerings is the problem. Carrier exclusivity kills the platform!

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
currently have the L925 till May next year, I love how the 925 is slightly better than the 920, HOWEVER my L925 is having trouble with the wireless charging, has done for over a year and the NFC capabilities. I would love however a 935 which DOESNT drop the wireless charging, but does give other benefits back, such as Glance screen and SD card perhaps.

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
While the 930 is considered flagship by many, (and indeed it is a flagship), it's not the flagship of this winter season. They needed at least a small production of 1030s or something similar. Analysts (who don't know it all, sure) pointed out the lack of true flagships last year for the platform and they're basically doing the same thing again. This is particularly true considering the (what I'll call) sloppy roll-out of the Lumia 830:
- Call it an "affordable flagship".
- Give a vague 3+ week out release time period.
- Don't stick to it...
- Then release it with overpriced and underspecced (for that price).
- Then incur the already behind penalty with your other device being the 4th or 3rd to top selfie phone announced.

This now follows with:
- Have your winter flagship thus be a re-imaged device from Android (the move was a somewhat great one, but leaving it as you're kinda winter flagship is not).
- Have you're affordable flagship touted without key features announced the same day.
- Canceling (probably a good move if it were really expensive, I suppose) your experimental flagship device.

And all that decision making in a hat tells me, no, no new high end Lumia coming by the end of this year.

If I have to eat these words I will, and I hope I do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte