Makeover of windows phone.

akarsh12345

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Focusing on the name WINDOWS PHONE it should have the ability like windows pc.

1) Ability to HIDE Apps. [security]
2) Ability to password protect PEOPLES, MESSAGING, WHATSAPP or ANY APP. [security]
3) Cortana should have a feature like a diary so users can add personal question and answers, it will be much more fun. [Entertainment]
4) File manager should be able to hide files like we use hide things in windows pc. [security]
5) If the phone is password locked no one can power it off until it is unlocked with password, so thief will not be able shut it down. [security]
6) IE browser should support file uploading (videos/images/doc) [essentials]
7) Transparent tiles are much required thing in windows phone but adding animation images to tiles will be actual fun. [Entertainment]
8) notification centre shouldn't have the limit to add shortcuts atleast 8 shortcuts should be allowed. [essentials]
9) file downloading/uploading should be shown in percentage in any app. [Essentials]
10) Front camera can be use as face recognition password. [security]

thats all for now.. nothing new or great is popping in my head.These things are the basic requirements to make windows phone popular in front android and ios. Dont just make a smartphone make it a Secured-Smartphone."

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
The Idea is pretty damn good... But it cannot be used properly... One can simply remove the battery to turn the phone off, and battery running out is also a problem ...
Also adding your own questions and answers will put an End to the Surprise element

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Focusing on the name WINDOWS PHONE it should have the ability like windows pc.

1) Ability to HIDE Apps. [security]
Privacy, not security. Can't think of a reason I'd want to have an app installed, but then hide it.
2) Ability to password protect PEOPLES, MESSAGING, WHATSAPP or ANY APP. [security]
Again, privacy rather than security. And Windows Phone already has that. Just put a PIN on the lockscreen.
3) Cortana should have a feature like a diary so users can add personal question and answers, it will be much more fun. [Entertainment]
That'll probably come soon.
4) File manager should be able to hide files like we use hide things in windows pc. [security]
Privacy and again, I can't think of a use-case.
5) If the phone is password locked no one can power it off until it is unlocked with password, so thief will not be able shut it down. [security]
Privacy. For handsets with removable batteries, they could just do it that way. And to be honest, if someone's stolen my phone I don't really care if they've powered it off or not.
6) IE browser should support file uploading (videos/images/doc) [essentials]
Good call.
7) Transparent tiles are much required thing in windows phone but adding animation images to tiles will be actual fun. [Entertainment]
Not really my kind of thing, but could be fun.
8) notification centre shouldn't have the limit to add shortcuts atleast 8 shortcuts should be allowed. [essentials]
Not an essential, but could be useful.
9) file downloading/uploading should be shown in percentage in any app. [Essentials]
Not essential, but possibly useful.
10) Front camera can be use as face recognition password. [security]
Only if it actually works. Never had any luck with facial recognition stuff myself.

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
The Idea is pretty damn good... But it cannot be used properly... One can simply remove the battery to turn the phone off, and battery running out is also a problem ...
Also adding your own questions and answers will put an End to the Surprise element
What about phone's with non removable battery?

anon(5325061)

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
No 5 - Not a good idea. Phones do hang even if it's rare and with no removable battery the phone needs a soft reset anyway (or you would have a brick).

No 6 - It will probably come eventually but not a big deal currently

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
No 5 - Not a good idea. Phones do hang even if it's rare and with no removable battery the phone needs a soft reset anyway (or you would have a brick).

No 6 - It will probably come eventually but not a big deal currently

I mean there are lumias with non removable battery. Why not introduce the feature in them?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I mean there are lumias with non removable battery. Why not introduce the feature in them?

What's the purpose? So you can use "find my phone"? Someone who steals your phone and is not completely out of his mind will immediately remove the SIM card, hence render find my phone useless.

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
What's the purpose? So you can use "find my phone"? Someone who steals your phone and is not completely out of his mind will immediately remove the SIM card, hence render find my phone useless.
Wait. Find my phone doesn't work with lumias which don't have a SIM card? I didn't know that. Thanks for telling.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Privacy, not security. Can't think of a reason I'd want to have an app installed, but then hide it.
Again, privacy rather than security. And Windows Phone already has that. Just put a PIN on the lockscreen.
That'll probably come soon.
Privacy and again, I can't think of a use-case.
Privacy. For handsets with removable batteries, they could just do it that way. And to be honest, if someone's stolen my phone I don't really care if they've powered it off or not.
Good call.
Not really my kind of thing, but could be fun.
Not an essential, but could be useful.
Not essential, but possibly useful.
Only if it actually works. Never had any luck with facial recognition stuff myself.

IE does support uploading files in 8.1 :) too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen