Maybe Ballmer kept apps from disappearing in the Windows Store?

albertico

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking about this the other day and asked myself: "What if Ballmer's deep passion for Microsoft made him go out of his way to keep apps in the Store? What if he kept in touch and "worked it out" with executives at other companies to keep Windows Phone apps at least in "limbo"?" Sure it didn't lead to great apps or apps that grew out of a BETA status (e.g. Instagram), but...BUT...at least apps weren't being pulled in droves! Maybe Nadella doesn't have this business-y side to him or the "connections" Ballmer had with execs at BofA, Chase, NBC, etc. that at least kept pressure from the top flowing down to that random intern assigned at BofA with updating the app at everyone's chagrin. I don't know...kind of a fruitless thought/question to stop and ponder about now, but I feel it's a worthy topic if Ballmer could be credited for any such effort at the app gap.

Wouldn't it be in everyone's best interests if Microsoft at least hinted at big apps coming to/coming back to Windows as universal apps? Wouldn't BofA also see the benefit in assuaging angered customers? That's what makes me worry; maybe behind this entire mess, Microsoft doesn't even know what to do...that they're worried and thinking about it, but there isn't a solid plan in place. We've reached a point where Microsoft should announce any shred of good news that gives hope to this platform. Thoughts?

albertico

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Is there something about Build that stands out? It feels like we keep hoping for the next "X" conference to hear more...maybe Build is the place they'll divulge more, I sure hope so.

Spectrum90

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Convertible Chromebooks that can run Android apps are going to be hard to beat.
Microsoft is in its darkest hour in the consumer market, Windows 10 needs to be really good to revert the situation.

albertico

May 15, 2012
Visit site
It certainly is interesting to think of Microsoft as company that went from chanting "Developers, developers, developers!" in their honor to today's situation. To think of a service/application not being compatible with Windows just sounds like it is against nature's order.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny