Media auto-deletes

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
When I had my music on the phone memory, suddenly most songs would disappear. I'd find some in folders like Artist.

I put them in SD card, Music. Well, I tried to. About 170 songs would load, and then refuse to transfer the last six or seven. Take the card out, put it in the slot on my computer, no problem.

Yesterday after about an hour and a half of play, one battery change, it suddenly stopped. There was only one song showing in Songs.

This is really effed up. It's not just a bug, it's a Brazilian flying cockroach. I'll try another SD card, but based on threads here, I've never seen a phone that is so picky about cards.

My needs are really simple: About 180 songs to play on shuffle while I bike ride. I don't need favorites, I don't filter by album or artist. Just play my music like cheap-*** mp3 players or every other recent phone I've had does, reliably.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
There has been some different threads about SD Cards and Music on WP phones, but I can't remember hearing of one where the music has deleted itself. It seems you already confirmed the SD card works outside of the device, so there's a good chance the SD card itself is working ok. Try a different class or make and see if you get the same results.

There have been some people that had issues with SD Card's in this thread, which might help you: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...s/222709-windows-phone-music-tips-tricks.html

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
There has been some different threads about SD Cards and Music on WP phones, but I can't remember hearing of one where the music has deleted itself. It seems you already confirmed the SD card works outside of the device, so there's a good chance the SD card itself is working ok. Try a different class or make and see if you get the same results.

There have been some people that had issues with SD Card's in this thread, which might help you: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...s/222709-windows-phone-music-tips-tricks.html

Yes, I've sen those threads and am reading that one again. The general point though, remains, why should anyone have to 'speriment with SD cards? And, I didn't want to make my original posting too long, but the first 810 I bought would spontaneously autoreboot about every 90 seconds when I tried to use and SD card. The great eBay seller sent me another, which had the same problem! I sent the phone into Nokia - it had ten days of warranty left! - and the service report is that they installed Amber (came out whilst the phone was gone) and everything is OK. Yes, my complaint was fixed. But the fact that two phones effed up music files in phone memory, and now on the SD card says Nokia has a huge bug here. Surely, I'm not the only victim.

If Nokia were to issue something on the line of "Nokia Lumia phones requires the latest spanking SD card v.9999.999 to operate well," I'm OK with that. But to have assorted users bumbling around in the dark, not so much.

I hate this phone. I love this phone. I hate this phone. I.........

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
There are so many poor SD or forged cards (especially on ebay) that no device is foolproof. That said, Nokia phones are picky even when dealing with decent cards. I can say that I've seem no issues from anyone who's used a Samsung c10 card, and my 32gb pro version works fine. What worries me more is that you're seeing tracks disappear from the phone's internal flash memory? That sounds bad and shouldn't happen. If a soft reset, or a hard reset, doesn't sort it then I'd take it in for repairs.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
There are so many poor SD or forged cards (especially on ebay) that no device is foolproof. That said, Nokia phones are picky even when dealing with decent cards. I can say that I've seem no issues from anyone who's used a Samsung c10 card, and my 32gb pro version works fine. What worries me more is that you're seeing tracks disappear from the phone's internal flash memory? That sounds bad and shouldn't happen. If a soft reset, or a hard reset, doesn't sort it then I'd take it in for repairs.

Sorry. Shouldn't be the case. No excuses. No other phone, ever having these issues.

FAIL!

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I provide no excuses, save the fact that no phone will be guaranteed to work with all dodgy ebay cards as there are a tonne of forged or rubbish ones on sale there. If you seriously believe that other phones have no issues with such then you are very confused. Other than this point, I agree that Lumias have more issues than they ought with many store bought cards from proper brands. Samsung cards are definitely the way to go though as they do seem to generally just work. No reported issues yet.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I provide no excuses, save the fact that no phone will be guaranteed to work with all dodgy ebay cards as there are a tonne of forged or rubbish ones on sale there. If you seriously believe that other phones have no issues with such then you are very confused. Other than this point, I agree that Lumias have more issues than they ought with many store bought cards from proper brands. Samsung cards are definitely the way to go though as they do seem to generally just work. No reported issues yet.

I've had no problems with cards, counterfeit, generic, or whatever, with any other phone. From 2001 Nokia Communicators on through the series, one Android, Nokia C7. No problems, at all, ever. Lumia is a picky eater.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melvas66