Metro IE Back button

trywithaustin

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I use the default IE browser quite extensively on the Metro interface on my Nokia 2520. But I have seen one nagging problem, the back button (using both the multi-finger swipe and the back button) is painfully slow. It in fact does go back to the previous page immediately, but I believe starts loading the page once again and that is where the "delay in time" takes place.

Does anyone else sees the same problem? If so what is an easy fix, Any other browser alternatives ? Pls advise.

canonuevo

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I often experience what you experience. Sometimes I'm just swiping up and down to scroll up and down but end up accidentally swiping back to the previous page. There is a delay when going back to the previous page, so I guess that's normal. It would be great if you swiped to the previous page it would load a lot faster.

As for any alternatives, I haven't come across any. You can always use the desktop IE, but that isn't too fun since you always have to open the keyboard option.

trywithaustin

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I often experience what you experience. Sometimes I'm just swiping up and down to scroll up and down but end up accidentally swiping back to the previous page. There is a delay when going back to the previous page, so I guess that's normal. It would be great if you swiped to the previous page it would load a lot faster.

As for any alternatives, I haven't come across any. You can always use the desktop IE, but that isn't too fun since you always have to open the keyboard option.

Yes the desktop IE is not intuitive, the swipe from down is a deal breaker for me. I love all of the Metro IE except for the prev page issue.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It was fine before 8.1 .. but they decided not to cash the pages so every time you go back it reloads the whole page. I am guessing that they are concerned about RAM allocation, but still.. 2gb should be more than enough to handle a few pages.

Let's hope they fix this with Update 1 .. otherwise IE11 "metro" is indeed a very good browser. In fact.. I don't even think anything else comes close in terms of smoothness and speed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon