Microsoft allegedly caught using PlayStation 4 Watch Dogs footage on YouTube

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what it is, but developers just seem really lazy recently.

I could be totally wrong on my thoughts, but for now I'm gonna give developers a break for a little bit. Instead of developing games for the PS3, 360 and maybe the PC, they are now developing them for the PS3,PS4,360,XB1,PC. Their primary effort still needs to be on the 360/PS3/PC because they have an existing install base of millions and million devices. Their install base for the next gen system is basically zero. Their focus needs to be on the current gen.

The games in the next few years are gonna be epic. Give it time.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I could be totally wrong on my thoughts, but for now I'm gonna give developers a break for a little bit. Instead of developing games for the PS3, 360 and maybe the PC, they are now developing them for the PS3,PS4,360,XB1,PC. Their primary effort still needs to be on the 360/PS3/PC because they have an existing install base of millions and million devices. Their install base for the next gen system is basically zero. Their focus needs to be on the current gen.

The games in the next few years are gonna be epic. Give it time.

alright, I'll give you that. They are developing for more systems, but that still doesn't explain this kind of stuff where they give Xbox a ps4 game video clip. The group that does that kind of stuff is different from the developers of the game, so they have no excuse.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Does it really matter if it doesnt affect gameplay? Call me an old school gamer but games used to be about the game. Not the technology that runs them.

Get your XO or your PS4 or keep gaming on your PC. Play the old and the new and just... Play. Caring not for the medium.

Jeff Merritt1

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Sad thing is, I've never really gamed at 1080p...lol...so I wouldn't know it from a hole in the wall...for those knocking the potential of X1...you have seen "Gun", right? A 360 launch title? Xbox One will be just fine.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
alright, I'll give you that. They are developing for more systems, but that still doesn't explain this kind of stuff where they give Xbox a ps4 game video clip. The group that does that kind of stuff is different from the developers of the game, so they have no excuse.

Totally agree.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Take this with a grain of salt but, this is early code or or a video that was played back. Each company prefers a system setup, maybe Sony provided a PS4 for testing as there has been rumors that Microsoft had not provided final hardware to AAA devs to program against, just specs. This could be why we are seeing 720p releases on the xbox one and 1080p on the PS4

I really would lean to that being a video that they showed (maybe raw 1080 footage), not actuall game playback of early code (too much that could go wrong on buggy software over a major press statement release). As Bill gates has seen before in public releases (anyone remember the blue screen of Windows 95 duing the press release ?)

After all the game was delayed (correct me if I am wrong here) 5/2014, that means that it worked but, must of been really buggy to delay it that long....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium