Microsoft on the rise, Apple on the decline?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, title is probably somewhat click-bait, but... "made ya look!"

Title is also rather accurate, in a sense. I'm not predicting anything long term, just stating the effect that has been seen with the launch of Windows 10.

Microsoft's stock has steadily gone up, with a very good boost the first 48 hours after the launch of Windows 10. Things are looking good for Microsoft in the stock market.

At the same time, while Apple has seen a big rise with the launch of the iPhone 6 early this year, Apple stocks have dropped and have continued to decline leading up to the preparation of the launch of Windows 10. Is Windows 10 the cause of Apple dropping? Probably not, but it may have some people questioning whether Apple will be able to come forth with any new innovation to keep them going in the future. Apple's stock started dropping a little more than a week before the final launch of Windows 10, and has been in a steady decline.

What's your take on it?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it's more a case of Apple continuing to saturate the market and attempting to sell products that people already have. There has to be a point at which people resist buying the latest iPhone or iPad year after year....

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The public's perception of Apple and Wall Street's are two different things entirely. The public sees Apple releasing a new Mac or iPhone every year as usual. Investors see a more disturbing pattern. Apple is losing its mojo in ways that are too plain to not notice. Sales of iPads and iPods are in serious decline. The Watch barely moved the needle and Apple TV never left the dock. There is no innovation at Apple and Wall Street has taken notice. Sales are up, profits are up and the balance sheet is healthier than ever but the stock is in correction territory. I'm sure the yet-to-be-released iPhone 6S will once again shatter sales records. Then what?

Meanwhile, Microsoft is creating a buzz with Windows 10. Back to school is here and the budget tablets, 2-in-1's and laptops are plastered all over Best Buy, Tiger Direct, etc.

That's my take.

MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Something I've learned paying attention to people like Jim Cramer and industry analysts is that more often than not, people confuse the health of the stock with the health of the company. Despite the recent drop in share price, Apple is doing just fine.

Last edited: