Microsoft Pay teams up with Masterpass

Lobo Technician

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
Read the Article below:
Microsoft Pay is now available with Masterpass

So, I have to be honest I did not realize that there was such a thing as "Microsoft Pay", though now that I do I find it very interesting and convenient, it might even take PayPal's place as my online payment client.

Though it seems very far from achieving that goal for now, I am not sure how secure it is, and I don't believe the service has the market reach of PayPal.

Were you guys aware of Microsoft Pay? Do you know of any websites that use it as a payment option? What do you think of its future, will it reach the levels of Android and Apple Pay?

Your thoughts…

tylo5

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I honestly have never seen how to use this feature. I assumed it got pulled from Win10. I never see a website offer it. If they offered a mobile solution on Android I would probably use it.

paschott

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I think I vaguely remember when this came out, but nobody really did anything with it so it was a "that's nice" feature. This is actually the first bit of anything I've seen about their solution in some time.

Jim Dwyer 1968

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Is it US only like lots of MS stuff?
Would love to dump Google pay-But have no alternative here in EU except Apple Pay or simply standard debit/Credit card. The world needs a third option!! Google know enough about me already!

maddogmoffit

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
:winktongue: Do you bring your laptop up to the terminal and swipe it? Is it the keyboard or the screen you need to put in to the card slot? :winktongue:

A bit keep humor but I guess it is usable for web purchases? I do not see any possibility for this services as there is services that already corned that market in the Nordics.

RohanRonQM

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft Pay still isn't in Canada or any of the former-british countries (UK, India, Australia).

Microsoft Wallet was introduced in 2014 and never came to anyone outside of United States so I don't have much hope for the newer Pay system either.

hbjoroy

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I do nor really believe Microsoft has much of a chance with this, but there might be a way.

1) Digital cards (tokens} like the ones in the other pays automatically is available for any wallet vendor, without specific effort from the bank that issues them, unlike today
2) Web shops enable any wallet that supports the emerging Web payment standard (https://www.w3.org/Payments/WG/)

With these two conditions, you could register your card in the pc wallet, and pay at "any" shop, using windows hello for strong authentication.

If compact pc formfactors emerges (handheld/watch) it could possibly also be used for in store payment, but I do not believe that ever to happen.

Skyfa11oo7

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
sadly enough, just like all the Surface products, this isn't available in South Africa. Strange that when a company has about 90% of the docs and operating system markets sewn up it doesn't feel that they can offer all products in all regions.

Drew Neilson

May 30, 2015
Visit site
How do you use Microsoft Pay? On my old Windows phone I remember Microsoft Wallet, but here on my Surface Pro running Windows 10 version 1803 I don't see any app named "Microsoft Pay" (or even "Microsoft Wallet"), and I see neither Microsoft Pay nor Microsoft Wallet in the Store.

Last edited:

bradavon

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
It's USA only I believe. It also looks hampered by not having a mobile app.

I've never seen it as an option sites like PayPal is, I rarely see Google Pay or Apple Pay on websites either though. Nice idea with limited appeal, maybe it's useful in America.

Drew Neilson

May 30, 2015
Visit site
How do you use Microsoft Pay? On my old Windows phone I remember Microsoft Wallet, but here on my Surface Pro running Windows 10 version 1803 I don't see any app named "Microsoft Pay" (or even "Microsoft Wallet"), and I see neither Microsoft Pay nor Microsoft Wallet in the Store.

I'm in the U.S.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786