Mobile site default?

GMJeff

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
When trying to log into wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews, I am redirected to the mobile site automatically. I see no option to choose which page I want to load.

I prefer the full page over the mobile. It seems that every other page loads the full version, just not the home page.

I am viewing the page from an iPhone and have not had an issue until today. Also when I click the link at the bottom of the page for the full view, it just refreshes the mobile page.

Anyone else see this, or am I missing something. It worked fine for me last night before I went to bed, and today, I get the mobile.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this changed recently. I don't mind the mobile site when coming from a Twitter link, but I think it needs some work to be the default on regular browsing. On the main mobile page it's hard to tell the start of a title from the second line of a long title. There's no way to view comments either.

Dieter Bohn

Ex Editor in Chief
Feb 1, 2001
smartphoneexperts.com
So to clarify - you don't see the "view main site" link at the bottom of the mobile page? Or is it that you hit that and the cookie isn't sticking for the homepage?

Sorry for the questions, but troubleshooting mobile redirects can be really sticky .

GMJeff

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
I do see the link for full site view. I have tapped it multiple times and all it does is reload the mobile site.

I have duplicated the same issue on my Samsung Focus and Nook Color running CM7.

Now it appears that the whole site, other than the forums, is defaulting to mobile for me.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here. Viewing WPCentral home page articles with Weave always brought up the desktop view until a few days ago. First only some articles were mobile. Now they all are mobile. Tapping the view full full site link does nothing. Weave says its out of their control. So to view comments I have to open WPC from IE. I can view all other sites and comments from within Weave. A real PITA.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4