MSFT Bring BACK FM RADIO on W10M

asikis

May 29, 2013
Visit site
As you know MSFT has announced, via twitter, they they are dropping their own FM Radio app from Redstone W10M builds and this will be the case with the Anniversary update. They say that 3rd party apps are available. I have tried all of them and all are slow as hell and they do not have playback option through external speaker.

SO MSFT WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS??? WHAT WAS THE EFFORT NEEDED TO LEAVE THE FM RADIO APP ON REDSTONE UPDATE????

I have created an online petition here:
FM Radio on W10M - Petitions24.com

Lets try to spread the word and make MSFT change their mind!

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft is more likely to positively respond to your request if you use their official channel, as opposed to an online petition site.

Please submit this request through the Windows Feedback app on your phone. Or, search for FM radio in the submissions, and upvote any previously entered requests. That is where Microsoft developers and managers are watching for user requests.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't think they'll change their mind. But I guess some developper can jump in and save the day - it feels like an FM radio app wouldn't be too hard to develop.

M4cc45

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
My understanding was that you required the earphones cable as it acted like an aerial. Hence why you can't play it via the speaker.

May be different on older phone models but I'm sure this is correct on newer ones.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My understanding was that you required the earphones cable as it acted like an aerial. Hence why you can't play it via the speaker.

May be different on older phone models but I'm sure this is correct on newer ones.

The apps DO require headphones, and yes they do act as an antena. However in most apps you can then select 'play on speakers' and continue listening to the radio on the speaker (while still having your headphones plugged in).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb