Music stuttering on aux

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm on the latest fast ring build, and on the last two builds I haven't been able to play music in my car with aux cable. The playback stutter like it's a slow internet connection and constantly buffering. But it's playing locally saved music. Problem is with both Spotify and groove. So it must be OS related. Strange thing is, it plays fine with all earphones I've tried.

Anyone else with this problem?

Lumia 950.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the latest fast ring build, and on the last two builds I haven't been able to play music in my car with aux cable. The playback stutter like it's a slow internet connection and constantly buffering. But it's playing locally saved music. Problem is with both Spotify and groove. So it must be OS related. Strange thing is, it plays fine with all earphones I've tried.

Anyone else with this problem?

Lumia 950.

maybe try a different auxiliary cable?

decimus plancus

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Does it stutter at about a rate of 1 gap per second? That is the symptom that I get on my 950 xl. It seems like the headphone jack isn't recognizing that a jack is present. I can get it to work properly by reinserting the jack a few times, rotating it a bit. Echo the suggestion to try a different cable.

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Exactly 1 gap per second, yes. A couple of reboots and it works again, but after a while it returns. So I dont think it's the cable. Could be though so I'll try changing it.

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Cable also works fine on other phones. Only the 950 has problems with it. It's like something changed with the rs2 builds. I'm not complaining, just curious what could be causing this.

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Apple has a solution for this: Saving you from stuttering music on Aux, presenting the iPhone 7 :winktongue:

On a serious note: Do you have the phone plugged into car charger at the same time? Sometimes the electric current can cause disturbances, I have seen some erratic touches on the phone in similar situation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs