Music+videos Problems

ARUN G K

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I format my SD Card in nokia lumia 720 but some previous played album arts are still remaining in my music videos.....
How i should remove that album art images from my phone?
Plz give your valuable suggestions to solve this pblm...... :crying:

ARUN G K

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
@Laura Knotek, Thanks for your info...
But my question is here different. I want solutions to solve the above mentioned question.

ARUN G K

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
when I play music and videos files in my SD card using music+videos(app) some problems are occurring.
1). Certain Albums have multiple (up to 3) entries for the same song in Albums. I can confirm that physically there's only one file on the memory card, just that the player shows duplicate entries. If I delete any one of the entries, it deletes the actual file and none of the other entries then play.

2). I am using 16GB class 10 SD card. I am noticing that my video files become duplicate in music+videos(apps). Error code 83003018 when trying to delete them.

any ideas what can i do, apart from a hard reset ?

Anonymous_India

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
when I play music and videos files in my SD card using music+videos(app) some problems are occurring.
1). Certain Albums have multiple (up to 3) entries for the same song in Albums. I can confirm that physically there's only one file on the memory card, just that the player shows duplicate entries. If I delete any one of the entries, it deletes the actual file and none of the other entries then play.

2). I am using 16GB class 10 SD card. I am noticing that my video files become duplicate in music+videos(apps). Error code 83003018 when trying to delete them.

any ideas what can i do, apart from a hard reset ?

format your memory card but before doing this connect phone to PC via USB and transfer everything in there from windows explorer,then format the card from the phone itself and then confirm that there are no files present in the card(check in the xbox muic+vdo ) app,now again tag all the songs(use MP3TAG) and then transfer them to the card..or refer to link below---

-wp8-music-getting-duplicated.html][Solved] WP8 Music Getting Duplicated - Windows Phone Central Forums

ARUN G K

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
After formatting my memory card I noticed that Music+videos(apps) become lonely. But the history contains all album art images still there. I cannot able to delete those history.
I already used wp 8 tools to delete the history contains in Music+videos but now I can't able to delete those things.

ARUN G K

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I copy music files from PC to either phone memory or SD card & open the music+video hub, each song copyied is displayed 2 or 3 times in the 'Songs' list.. A lot of phone/SD Card memory is wasted in this multiplication process.. On the top of that, if I delete the remaining copies & keep only the required one copy of each song, then the songs stop playing.. I have to delete the entire data & copy it all over again to see again the same above mentioned scenario.. please help I m not understanding why this is happening...

ARUN G K

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Firstly thanks all for your support..

I changed the Memory Card..XBOX Cloud collection already turned off..Also restarted the phone but still the same problem..

ARUN G K

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft this **** has been going on since at least last December and the so called engineers who created this mess don't care, promises promises and NOTHING gets done I have a 5 year old basic NOKIA 6301 and I have no trouble downloading music and creating playlists, it's shameful how little MS cares, after a week of the double and triple songs at every download it turns out it not only songs but albums too I got 3 copies of Rastaman Vibrations in one download, I download via Windows Phone app, sync thru WMP I drag to the SD music folder NOTHING works I download whole albums and they disappear after a day or two not all but at least 5 albums disappear from the list, they're on the SD card and play thru my DVD player but no longer appear on the X**%$## Box Music player in the mean time Mircrosoft just picks it's collective nose make little effort to fix this (it's a PHONE !) and throws boogers at us Window 8 phone owners. It's shameful -perhaps Microsoft should rename this phone the Vista Phone for all it's issues. BTW I formatted two new SD cards to this Lumia 810 and still the same issue -Microsoftinthehead ought spend some time trolling Windows Phone Central Forum so they can get familiar with the real issues with these Windows Phones instead of hiding their head in the sand pretending that they this is not really an issue. Yeah it's only music but who buys smart phone in droves 'people who listen and expect that they can easily download and play music from their phone ( there are PLENTY more issue too) THIS IS OLD TECHNOLOGY Microsoft why is it that MS doesn't get it ? \ Because of statements like this "Eventually there will be an update coming up that MAY FIX that. We don't have specific information about an update yet though... ( read we don't give a **** so don't hold your breath ) One reason MS might think that this isn't a disaster is that most Windows Phone owners try to get help elsewhere because numerous calls to Nokia ( not "our" software) T-Mobile or ATT -"talk to Microsoft we don't know how to fix it" and the word on the Windows Phone "street" when talking to other Windows Phone owners is Microsoft screwed up and they think that this a non issue because they don't get a lot of complaints HERE (5?) but the reality is it the number one complaint with every Windows Phone owner, Who wants to spend 3 hours trying to download 10 CDs of MUSIC when it should take a 20 min. like it does on my basic Nokia 6301 -I like the live tiles and the NOKIA programs and apps but many of the Microsoft loaded programs just don't work & the Music Player is one of the worse programs/ app out there, I'll say it again it's shameful how bad it is. T Mobile says it's the #1 complaint with the Windows 8 phone. Good going Microsoft, maybe by the time I get an iPhone (which I won't because I kinda like Windows Phone if it wasn't A VISTA PHONE that is ) you'll have "maybe" fixed this -but I doubt it. End of rant. Have a NICE day !

ARUN G K

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
it does appear to be a growing problem with Windows 8 phones, the only thing I've yet to try is the dreaded 'Factory Reset' option, but as someone else on another thread said this didn't work either I probably won't bother. This problem has for me made the phone useless as a media player as I constantly have to select individual songs as it will insist on playing some up-to 4 times now. I've tried several cards, formatted them in the phone, on the computer, have my cloud and Xbox settings to 'Off' have spent hours deleting 'phantom duplicates' they aren't really there just the phone thinks they are, but this then removes the original file! But basically its back to using my old MP3 player.

ARUN G K

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Now I am really irritating by the use of windows phone 8. Plz update the software otherwise people like us again go to Android phones.
Its a warning from irritated Windows phone user..

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Quite surprised that you are facing duplicate songs issue. I've filled my 32 GB mem card with over 600+ mp3's. That's 50+ music albums. Videos also play flawlessly.

I'd suggest to format the card from the phone and manually transfer all the media files to the device. This is what I do. As I can see you are quite pissed off at the fact that you are unable to enjoy music on your phone, I'd suggest to keep calm and start afresh. There are users who don't face the issues you mention above.

Anyways apart from Black+GDR3 coming early next year, Win 8.1 is coming for windows phone sometime next year. So most of the issues will be fixed by then. Microsoft and Nokia are listening.

Last edited:

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
i have 200 educational video clips (learning Visual Basic), a few musical and documentary videos,
they are in their respective folders as viewed on PC, but when you open the videos folder on phone, all the videos are just dumped in one very long list/FOLDER,
all the folders you would have put them are not shown.
Scrolling them to get to the last one is a nail in the fresh, there is no faster way of getting to the bottom,
you can not delete more than one file/video at a time, its only possible using a PC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077