My Internet Explorer has disappeared - how do I get it back?

cheetahwig1

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that all of the icons on my screen (after the latest insider fast update) for websites I've saved using IE are now blank white pages. My Internet Explorer is gone! No search shows it, trying to change .htm to a new default (from Edge) doesn't show IE as a possibility, and I can't find anywhere to re-download it from. I like Edge, but you can't drag a website icon from the address bar to your desk for easy reference later, so I want my IE back. Ideas?

(Post mortem: Typing WinKey + R doesn't do anything on my computer - but thanks for trying. The 2nd answer worked though, thanks! Odd that the update turned my IE off...)

Last edited:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Don't know much about insider. If you can't find IE by this method, I don't know??
All of the applications installed on your PC?including the universal apps that come with Windows 10 or are downloaded from Windows Store?are accessible from a hidden shell view called Applications. And once you open this view in File Explorer, you can create shortcuts for any of them.

So open the Run dialog (WINKEY + R), type shell:AppsFolder and then click OK to view this folder.

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Control Panel > Programs and Features>turn windows features on or off > Internet Explorer 11
If it's unchecked, install it.
If it's checked, remove it first, restart, then install it back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans