My screen blacked out yesterday, how can I fix this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

my screen blacked out yesterday

i was talking to a friend yesterday while charging & using facebook. suddenly screen bcame still(no scrollin possible) i thought it as app's problem. i went to disconnect my call n the screen was blank, bt i could still talk to my friend. i made my friend to cut the call. den i switched it off. using power button. again tried to switch it on and i tri ed soft reset (vol. down n power button) . when the phone turns on again it shows the blank screen again, no matter how many times i try to soft reset it. but in between the phone became okay n worked perfectly for about a minute. someone plz help me out :(

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: my screen blacked out yesterday

Would help to know what OS(PW8/8.1 or WM10 TP) are you running on it and also which phone it is.

Software wise it can be many many things and is basically guesswork. You might want to backup as much data as possible and go for a hard reset.

Hardware wise, it looks as it might just be a faulty sensor. There is one that blanks the screen when you are holding it close to the ear during a talk (at least on Lumias). If that is faulty, the screen may remain blank all the time, even though everything is working normally on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happy