My Xbox One experience has emotionally scarred me.. Share your stories!

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: My Xbox One has emotionally scarred me.. for LIFE.

After a long day at work, I came home one day early from work (I stubbed my toe so they let me go home with an injury) and wanted to play Forza, but I couldn't find my Xbox. I thought that was weird, so I looked around my kitchen, nothing, living room, nothing, the laundry room, still nothing. I heard some rumbling in my bedroom, so I walk in and guess what? My Xbox was making love to my girlfriend right there on my bed. They both saw me and we all three just started to look at each other, saying nothing. I was furious so I yelled at the top of my lungs and said "Xbox off". Then my Xbox shut off and crushed my girlfriend due to its massive weight.

... And you thought your life was hard.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Xbox One has emotionally scarred me.. for LIFE.

Wow! A lot of girlfriend related comments here lol. So because of that I feel obligated to further explain. I'll expand on what wasn't revealed in my original posting. I asked a huge favour of her which she willingly agreed to. Again, because it was a minor inconvenience to her. But instead of waiting for me to get home (which was originally promised) she passed the buck and bailed early. She just threw a note on the intercom system for UPS saying to leave the package in the front office which wasn't part of our original deal. The package arrived during the time I was walking home and after she left. Therefore my first thought was that had she been home as promised the package would have been received.

Here's what else wasn't revealed. The escalations contact originally called me stating that the package was undeliverable because no one was here to receive it. Which was why I originally "ripped" into her. Because she broke our arrangement which was for her to wait for me. And after all I had been through the last thing I needed was to miss my delivery and have to take another day off work the following Monday to receive it. Now after she called UPS to help me out of feeling bad for not sticking around for me UPS called me back in 10 min. They said that there was no unit # on the packing slip for some reason (though the MS Store had it on their end). So the package was undeliverable. When UPS said they took responsibility for it and promised to re-route the driver I called back my girlfriend to thank her for sorting it out and I apologize for "ripping" into her as UPS admitted it was their fault. We both forgave each other for the misunderstanding clearly caused by the escalations agent.

So no need for dumping. Life still goes on. Lol.

Last edited:

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Woow you were really unlucky.. but at the same time u r lucky cuz the Xbox one haven't arrived yet in my country! Well i plan to buy an Xbox360 once the price get lower,it's been around for years and i think it's a really good console,it might be old but that's a good thing cuz of cheaper games :D

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Woow you were really unlucky.. but at the same time u r lucky cuz the Xbox one haven't arrived yet in my country! Well i plan to buy an Xbox360 once the price get lower,it's been around for years and i think it's a really good console,it might be old but that's a good thing cuz of cheaper games :D

Honestly, I still love my 360 more in some ways. It does everything it's meant to do. I have no clue why they left out so many of the things the 360 does on the One. I feel like the One is still so incomplete.

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Let me join your club of unlucky Xboxers.

I pre-ordered 2 Xbox Ones back in June, then had to cancel the orders in November, regretted my decision then ended purchasing 2 consoles actually the hard way, waiting 5 hours in line for one, and paying $60 extra to guarantee the second one, both Day One editions. (I am really unlucky with money).

Each of the 2 consoles I got (from 2 different Best Buy locations) had different minor glitches, and I had to return one of them this morning because I felt it had a more serious glitch (unusual fan and adapter sound) . You can read more about it in my post here:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/xbox-one/251141-official-xbox-one-problems-solutions-thread.html

By Thursday night the 14-Days will be over and I will no longer be able to return the other Xbox to Best Buy. I will be surfing on my own. Can't wait !

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Let me join your club of unlucky Xboxers.

I pre-ordered 2 Xbox Ones back in June, then had to cancel the orders in November, regretted my decision then ended purchasing 2 consoles actually the hard way, waiting 5 hours in line for one, and paying $60 extra to guarantee the second one, both Day One editions. (I am really unlucky with money).

Each of the 2 consoles I got (from 2 different Best Buy locations) had different minor glitches, and I had to return one of them this morning because I felt it had a more serious glitch (unusual fan and adapter sound) . You can read more about it in my post here:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/xbox-one/251141-official-xbox-one-problems-solutions-thread.html

By Thursday night the 14-Days will be over and I will no longer be able to return the other Xbox to Best Buy. I will be surfing on my own. Can't wait !

But the other one works fine I assume? So you'll be keeping that one anyway?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Man, that's a horrible story. I just want you to know, when you get your replacement, you shouldn't have any problems. My Xbox has never frozen on me, nor rebooted on me, and I literally haven't encountered any bugs at all. Sounds like there were multiple issues with your device. Hope your replacement comes soon. FYI, you shoudv'e just taken it in person to a store and had it replaced. Most stores have lots of stock. Good luck!

Burnout1212

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
still you sound like you are 5, and you make it seem like it was the end of the world that you had to wait for a couple more hours to play something. Seriously getting a xbox one or ps4 isnt all that serious that you have to yell at your other half cause they had more important things to do then watch you say xbox one on and act like a giddy little school girl when it happens.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
still you sound like you are 5, and you make it seem like it was the end of the world that you had to wait for a couple more hours to play something. Seriously getting a xbox one or ps4 isnt all that serious that you have to yell at your other half cause they had more important things to do then watch you say xbox one on and act like a giddy little school girl when it happens.
Give it a rest. People have arguments in relationships. They both apologized and it's settled. Geez.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Man, that's a horrible story. I just want you to know, when you get your replacement, you shouldn't have any problems. My Xbox has never frozen on me, nor rebooted on me, and I literally haven't encountered any bugs at all. Sounds like there were multiple issues with your device. Hope your replacement comes soon. FYI, you shoudv'e just taken it in person to a store and had it replaced. Most stores have lots of stock. Good luck!

It was a unfortunate situation but thankfully the rep over at Xbox support was quick to help me get it resolved. I sent the old one back today I have another one to keep me going until the original one is replaced. I bought it online as well so I couldn't just walk over to a store and swap it either. And it's actually very difficult to get your hands on one here in Toronto right now. Luckily my girlfriend had a rep from the MS Store put one aside for her before I got mine just in case. So I ended up redeeming that one after all. And after all my issues I've received a $100 MS Store online voucher code and at least one free game coming back with the replacement. I did lose Fifa '14 inside the console so I hope that they'll replace that too. But I think I'd be much more bitter if I didn't have the other Xbox One to tide me over until the replacement comes lol.

By the way, lucky you that your console has never been buggy. Even my temporary replacement I bought acts up. The pinned apps disappear and re-appear and a game wouldn't boot past the splashscreen until I did a soft reset. I'm sure all this will be sorted out in time.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I too have had a bad experience. I too came home from work, brushed my children aside and eagerly opened the box. Got set up, updates done, then boom, I start gaming. Sadly the fan was defective, so I had to send it for a repair. Got another one back, which was most definitely nit my original one. The top is scratched significantly. In fact, it beggars belief how they could have put quite so many scratches on it, the gloss bit is covered. On top of that, I can't get in to a single game of Forza online, just won't connect. Also, it turns out I can no longer stream from my PC hard drive.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I too have had a bad experience. I too came home from work, brushed my children aside and eagerly opened the box. Got set up, updates done, then boom, I start gaming. Sadly the fan was defective, so I had to send it for a repair. Got another one back, which was most definitely nit my original one. The top is scratched significantly. In fact, it beggars belief how they could have put quite so many scratches on it, the gloss bit is covered. On top of that, I can't get in to a single game of Forza online, just won't connect. Also, it turns out I can no longer stream from my PC hard drive.

Ouch that sucks!

By the way I should have mentioned earlier for any one like me that got a defective console on launch day.. It turns out that the Day One edition consoles have the majority of issues. Apparently I've been told that a lot of the shipments were damaged in transit. Probably because they were shipped early and rushed out so quickly. So anyone receiving replacements shouldn't have issues.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
My stories long, so ill cut straight to it. They are making me pay shipping to send my Day One controller in for service.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
As if to further wind me up.... A further catastrophe has befallen me... And yes I am aware that this is a first world problem, blah blah blah. Finally got everything downloaded. Been playing Forza. The wretched thing will not connect to any multiplayer games. Checked NAT type etc, nice and open. Went on some Forza forums, apparently some routers will not work with the damn thing. Some fancy new net code..... You can guess at the look on my face right now. Virgin media and the Super hub 2 have some work to do it seems. This could be the end of the whole thing for me. No online gaming removes much of the point. Gutted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel