New and Improved Update Guide for Upgrading the Samsung ATIV SE to Win 10?

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Wait, Peiluna, are you saying that we have no way of going back to WM10 now if someone rolls back their device to WP8.0/8.1 now?

Because if I'm understanding you correctly, they are basically shutting the doors on us. And it is very likely then that most people on the faster rings, which cant hard reset usually, will be out of recourse if they have to or something goes wrong, because they cant possibly roll back or reinstall. This, frankly, sucks. Also means that everyone might just have to hop over onto the RP for good, until we can find a fix for all this stuff. Sigh.

And dont worry RW, I know this stuff can be confusing as turd. I've always thought the opposite to be true, and its worked for me. But I just usually winged it anyway, possibly why I barely got passing grades in my DLD courses. So I might be wrong too. :p And at the rate that all of this is going, MS might just be moving in to cordon off any updates from 8.1 to 10 for now. All the threads might just go out of commission for a while anyways - with no point in wondering which one nets you which release. :/ I dont like this.

-- W

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
F%#k so I'm stuck on 8.1 for the foreseeable future? I rolled back because I was having some troubles n wanted to start fresh n switch to RS...can't someone just hack the insider app?

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
hey I have an idea... because I used wp8 binary downloader ver 3.54 to flash my RP back to 8.0, Is it possible to do the reverse i.e. someone makes an image of their RP or RS and uploads it for us who are stuck on 8.1?

reason I used the wp8 binary method was WDRT couldn't recognize my phone, not only that samsung wasn't even listed in the oems, so i gave the wp8 binary tutorial a shot and it worked

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately I cannot confirm whether or not this works for us, as I will not be risking a downgrade to 8.0. However, for those that are stuck on 8.0/8.1, try this:

[Ativ S] ▒▒▒▒▒… | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking

interopunlocker will NOT work for us, but it may be possible to replace one of the apps (additional call settings or extra settings) with wphTweaks, an old version of RootTool, CustomPfD, etc. I cannot guarantee that this works, this is just something to try. Also, there's no need to do step 12-onward; once you get to Windows 10 you're fine forever.

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately I cannot confirm whether or not this works for us, as I will not be risking a downgrade to 8.0. However, for those that are stuck on 8.0/8.1, try this:

[Ativ S] ▒▒▒▒▒?€? | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking

interopunlocker will NOT work for us, but it may be possible to replace one of the apps (additional call settings or extra settings) with wphTweaks, an old version of RootTool, CustomPfD, etc. I cannot guarantee that this works, this is just something to try. Also, there's no need to do step 12-onward; once you get to Windows 10 you're fine forever.

ok ill try n report back

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
im factory resetting and if i delete those stupid apps again and they dont list in the target app im giving up someone else can do it. im starting to rage that stupid 4pda post the links aint even working

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
OK I have given up. Someone else can figure out this mess. I tried.
samwps wont even install on a fresh 8.1 or updated 8.1 (from [Ativ S] ▒▒▒▒▒… | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking)
customwps does but on both fresh and updated 8.1 after doing the date trick and deleting extra and call settings neither show up as target app in customwps.
the 4pda links dont work so theres no hope in trying that samwps, no doubt its probably the same anyway and will fail.

Someone else can sort this out im done. Ill stay 8.1 until someone else comes up with working instructions.

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I found a version of Windows Insider. Someone other than myself will have to try it. My daily phone has it already and I'm not willing to delete it, yet, and my test phone has it built into RS. I tried to install it on my test phone but it didn't work; I'm thinking because of it being built in. Go here to download it. Hope all goes well, no promises, but we may be at the end of our WI life as we know it. At least on Threshold. After downloading it, save a copy to your phone's SD card (I used the Downloads folder) then just go to File Explorer on your phone and go to that directory and tap on the file to install it.

Let us know how it goes.

- RW

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
I found a version of Windows Insider. Someone other than myself will have to try it. My daily phone has it already and I'm not willing to delete it, yet, and my test phone has it built into RS. I tried to install it on my test phone but it didn't work; I'm thinking because of it being built in. Go here to download it. Hope all goes well, no promises, but we may be at the end of our WI life as we know it. At least on Threshold. After downloading it, save a copy to your phone's SD card (I used the Downloads folder) then just go to File Explorer on your phone and go to that directory and tap on the file to install it.

Let us know how it goes.

- RW

your link is: https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
OK I have given up. Someone else can figure out this mess. I tried.
samwps wont even install on a fresh 8.1 or updated 8.1 (from [Ativ S] ▒▒▒▒▒?€? | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking)
customwps does but on both fresh and updated 8.1 after doing the date trick and deleting extra and call settings neither show up as target app in customwps.
the 4pda links dont work so theres no hope in trying that samwps, no doubt its probably the same anyway and will fail.

Someone else can sort this out im done. Ill stay 8.1 until someone else comes up with working instructions.

After unlocking my SE with the SDK, I've successfully sideloaded SamWPSystem multiple times on 8.1 and 8.1.1. If it won't deploy for you, you're doing something wrong. Try using a modified version of AppDeploy (available on xda) or using WPV XAP Deployer.

I would love to help people that are stuck on 8.0/8.1, but I cannot risk the current state of my Ativ SE until I have a new Windows Mobile device, unfortunately. If someone wants to send me their spare/old Ativ SE temporarily, I would be more than happy to come up with a new tutorial (assuming that I could find a successful method).

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
After unlocking my SE with the SDK, I've successfully sideloaded SamWPSystem multiple times on 8.1 and 8.1.1. If it won't deploy for you, you're doing something wrong. Try using a modified version of AppDeploy (available on xda) or using WPV XAP Deployer.

I would love to help people that are stuck on 8.0/8.1, but I cannot risk the current state of my Ativ SE until I have a new Windows Mobile device, unfortunately. If someone wants to send me their spare/old Ativ SE temporarily, I would be more than happy to come up with a new tutorial (assuming that I could find a successful method).

thanks well ive gotten slightly closer but a new freaken problem. was able to deploy samwps with the hacked xap deployer (i was using the sdkone). but new problem is i get an error code deploying the freaken registry editor now. any of them that i try FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFuuu

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
thanks well ive gotten slightly closer but a new freaken problem. was able to deploy samwps with the hacked xap deployer (i was using the sdkone). but new problem is i get an error code deploying the freaken registry editor now. any of them that i try FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFuuu

I've had enough and its listed for sale. I'm going back to android. I can't be bothered with this drama anymore. It will be bye bye windows phone unless someone comes up with a solution before it sells.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Where is it for sale? And dont give up on the device just yet WestNZ. :(

There's bound to be a solution incoming somewhere soon.

-- W

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

The problem isn't deploying the WPSSystem file; the problem is that there is no longer a PFD app available to replace with the hacked app. People are trying the Extra Settings app in lieu of the PFD app, but so far no joy.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
The extra settings app still manages to get you into registry and registry changes if deployed correctly, yes? That has been my experience with it so far because I use it to browse the registry on my ATIV atleast.

-- W

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
The extra settings app still manages to get you into registry and registry changes if deployed correctly, yes? That has been my experience with it so far because I use it to browse the registry on my ATIV atleast.

-- W

Yes, westnz is doing something wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon