New and Improved Update Guide for Upgrading the Samsung ATIV SE to Win 10?

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
thanks well ive gotten slightly closer but a new freaken problem. was able to deploy samwps with the hacked xap deployer (i was using the sdkone). but new problem is i get an error code deploying the freaken registry editor now. any of them that i try FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFuuu

Dude... You won't be able to deploy a registry editor until you interop-unlock the device. That's why you sideloaded samwps in the first place. Using samwps, you need to patch advanced call settings or extra settings with another xap that contains a registry editor. CustomPFD v3 probably wont work because PFD and the samsung apps have different capabilities (you should still try, though). However, there are other xap's that you should try, like wphtweaks, interopunlocker_se, etc. If you've really given up on the device, send it to me temporarily so I can come up with a solution for everyone; then you can sell it if you still want to. Hell, I might even be interested in buying it from you if the price is right.

BATTAT

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
For whatever reason I cannot access the preview for developers app in the windows store. So can somebody link me to the xap?

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

I found a version of Windows Insider. Someone other than myself will have to try it. My daily phone has it already and I'm not willing to delete it, yet, and my test phone has it built into RS. I tried to install it on my test phone but it didn't work; I'm thinking because of it being built in. Go here to download it. Hope all goes well, no promises, but we may be at the end of our WI life as we know it. At least on Threshold. After downloading it, save a copy to your phone's SD card (I used the Downloads folder) then just go to File Explorer on your phone and go to that directory and tap on the file to install it.

Let us know how it goes.

- RW

Sorry about that, it's supposed to be https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rxbgir9j4vc9qa2/AAA7pBnFj9R2hqdU14U6oUtea?dl=0 , but from what I'm reading it may be useless until someone finds another way of updating our phones.

- RW

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
I was able to install some basic registry editor but it just exits out when i try to write a new value and when i reload the app it still has the old value other than that ive tried about 4 editors but yeah the install fails i believe because theyre requesting interop features. i would like to try that wolf guys se interop unlock but last i checked those 4pda links didnt work.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried putting up the website through Bing translator so that you can read through the instructions? The OneDrive link doesnt work but the files are still up on the forum itself. If you download them through there, you will have access to them. :)

-- W

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Yes, exactly. Which is why I told you to run the link through Bing Translator first, so you can read the instructions as well as sign up for the forum. :)

Once you have signed up for the forum, you can easily download the files then. :)

-- W

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Yes, exactly. Which is why I told you to run the link through Bing Translator first, so you can read the instructions as well as sign up for the forum. :)

Once you have signed up for the forum, you can easily download the files then. :)

-- W

ok ive made one finally got an easier cap ill report back soon

Last edited:

BATTAT

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I cant find his post, can you link me to it? Oh and i'm trying to register for 4PDA but i cant read the security question to register for an account can you help me out with that?

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Someone who is stuck on Win 8.1, please go here and get the needed files and see if they will still work. I added Preview for Developers just now and Windows Insider, which is still in Store anyway, a couple nights ago. If the PD app works then not all is lost; just follow the instructions as usual. I think I have everything there now. Side loading will be necessary when installing outside Store. Good luck.

- RW

ps. Let me know if anything else is awry. I'll see what I can do to help.

BATTAT

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Im getting the errors on WPV cant read that as a zip file when i try to deploy it. On windows app deployment i get End of Central Directory record could not be found.

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
factory resetted 8.1
connected to wifi but turned off auto update apps in initial setup
unlocked via developer phone registration
set date forward 100 years removed additional call settings
put date back to correct date
put InteropUnlocker_SE_81.xap & wphTweaks_v10.xap onto root of SD Card
created a blank txt file called Non-Production Errors.txt and transferred it to the Documents folder in the phones memory
deployed SamWPSystem to phone memory
changed storage sense setting to install apps to sd card
loaded CustomWPSystem, set SD Card permissions to green
Unhide WPSystem to green
selected the target app as AdditionalCallSettings
Downloaded the Call Settings app
selected the InteropUnlock_SE_81.xap and applied it
opened The Interop program, ran it, then rebooted
deployed wphTweaks.xap
changed all the appropiate registry settings (from the OP) in wphtweaks
was then successful in upgrading to Win10 to 14393.5

!!!!!!!!!

https://mega.nz/#!CMVziZIL!w1fdfgb2m5S8sonW51O5BFhhX3R5tWyl1AhfYceS9w8

for the files

https://mega.nz/#!2RVlwJKR!LR0JL_b0M5apY0Vijxq1MMn5BogUtFqbO3wPd21RbW8

for the app deploy program I used

:D

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
factory resetted 8.1
connected to wifi but turned off auto update apps in initial setup
unlocked via developer phone registration
set date forward 100 years removed additional call settings
put date back to correct date
put InteropUnlocker_SE_81.xap & wphTweaks_v10.xap onto root of SD Card
created a blank txt file called Non-Production Errors.txt and transferred it to the Documents folder in the phones memory
deployed SamWPSystem to phone memory
changed storage sense setting to install apps to sd card
loaded CustomWPSystem, set SD Card permissions to green
Unhide WPSystem to green
selected the target app as AdditionalCallSettings
Downloaded the Call Settings app
selected the InteropUnlock_SE_81.xap and applied it
opened The Interop program, ran it, then rebooted
deployed wphTweaks.xap
changed all the appropiate registry settings (from the OP) in wphtweaks
was then successful in upgrading to Win10 to 14393.5

!!!!!!!!!

https://mega.nz/#!CMVziZIL!w1fdfgb2m5S8sonW51O5BFhhX3R5tWyl1AhfYceS9w8

for the files

https://mega.nz/#!2RVlwJKR!LR0JL_b0M5apY0Vijxq1MMn5BogUtFqbO3wPd21RbW8

for the app deploy program I used

:D

Just a couple notes I didn't go through the whole perm interop unlock process on 4pda because it wouldn't let me alter the Editing:
"the ObjectName" on "the LocalSystem" part which i assumed meant change the key name so skipped the rest of that post and went and changed all the samsung to nokia settings.

Also, I changed the settings to the RS fast ring ones but I believe it had already started the download process for the 14393.5 image with the OP settings because it had the OP settings for a few minutes first and when I went to phone setup to check for an RS build it was already downloading.
I would have to revert back to 8.1 and restart this whole process to confirm if 14393.5 is in-fact the version downloaded with the OP settings, which is something I'm not prepared to do at this stage after the stress of last few days lol

Last edited:

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Welcome aboard another ATIV SE hero! :D Thanks a bunch for going through all the sweat, toil and heart break for yourself and everyone at large here WestNZ. And thank you for listening about not ditching the device already. :)

Also WestNZ, you might want to move back to RP Ring on your device. I wouldnt advise leaving it on Fast Ring if this is your primary device.

RW, want to change up the thread title and the instruction sets for the tutorial with these new updates friend, courtesy WestNZ ofcourse. :)

-- W

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Welcome aboard another ATIV SE hero! :D Thanks a bunch for going through all the sweat, toil and heart break for yourself and everyone at large here WestNZ. And thank you for listening about not ditching the device already. :)

Also WestNZ, you might want to move back to RP Ring on your device. I wouldnt advise leaving it on Fast Ring if this is your primary device.

RW, want to change up the thread title and the instruction sets for the tutorial with these new updates friend, courtesy WestNZ ofcourse. :)

-- W

OK Cool yeah I'll do that. Another thing the stock camera app seems to be working ok if flash is off. If you take one with flash on you need to reboot the phone because it becomes all screwy. In the 494 build you could use the ativ camera to reset the camera if I remember correctly, this build requires a full reboot.
Ativ Camera can take shots with flash on ok.

Last edited:

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, the MS Camera has issues with our phones. You want to keep using the ATIV Camera app, or something else entirely like Camera360, or ProShot, to name some of the better ones off the top of my head. :)

-- W

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
@Werentuckl haha you're right, I didn't notice he was on NZ!

@rmabwing5 you can't sideload PfD without an interop unlocked phone because of the capabilities it has.

@westnz ******* AWESOME job man!! I'm glad you were able to get your hands on the files and that you were able to successfully use that tutorial! Great job making new instructions in english, as well. Rmabwing5 and I should update our tutorials soon. However, I will be waiting to update mine until Anniversary Update goes out and I can confirm the final process myself (which I will now be doing right away, since you confirmed that this is still possible). HUUUUUUGE thank you for confirming it! I had a good feeling that it would work, but I wasn't confident enough to risk losing win 10 on my daily driver. I really appreciate your efforts, and I'm sure others do too. I'll be sure to credit you in my updated tutorial when the update goes live within the next few days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss