New Sticky Forum Posts...?

qwerty248

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that many people post questions about whether various WP8 are worth it and whether current owners are happy with them. This is mainly due to the existing majority of complaints, which is normal because more people will post complaints than praises. Therefore, I was wondering if we should have a sticky "Poll-Post" asking how happy you are with your 920/820/8X etc in each phone's forum. Obviously we'll still have posts asking for specifics; however, I think it would be encouraging for potential WP8 users to see that current owners are satisfied... (assuming most of you guys are happy with WP8..!)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I've noticed that many people post questions about whether various WP8 are worth it and whether current owners are happy with them. This is mainly due to the existing majority of complaints, which is normal because more people will post complaints than praises. Therefore, I was wondering if we should have a sticky "Poll-Post" asking how happy you are with your 920/820/8X etc in each phone's forum. Obviously we'll still have posts asking for specifics; however, I think it would be encouraging for potential WP8 users to see that current owners are satisfied... (assuming most of you guys are happy with WP8..!)

Thanks for the feedback and the great suggestion. Keep those ideas coming. We have been discussing this today and our team agrees that this is not the way we want to go with this. We love polls and we love it when you guys start threads and take polls. In each device forums we have a reviews sticky for people to post their experiences. Here is why a poll won't work as well as a reviews thread. People get a new device and the first few days most people really like their new device they jump in the forums and would surly vote if a poll was available to them. Their opinion might change in a few days weeks or months. When a poll is taken you can't change your vote. With a review post you can add to your review change your post or even add new information good or bad weeks later.

We do appreciate your suggestions keep them coming we decided not to use this one but we might use the next one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss