no gray?

jim_h

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I just got Mango and have only one question so far: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GRAY THEME that we were supposed to get?

I can't believe they couldn't at least give us a couple of new colors that don't look like jelly beans.

jim_h

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I know Mango includes a lot of functional additions and updates. But it's pretty disappointing to get a major update that looks absolutely no different from what was there before.

jim_h

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
And there is still no way to modify the colors without a developer-unlocked phone (and there is still no way to unlock the phone without paying $99 to MS)?

Totally, dismally sucks.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I know Mango includes a lot of functional additions and updates. But it's pretty disappointing to get a major update that looks absolutely no different from what was there before.

in messaging the orange of an incoming message is in mango and my replies are in more of a burnt orange I am assuming that in the other themes theres a similat colot variation. Also the phone dialer is different nicer layout! There are other differences cosmetically that are more pleading to me than nodo!

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
in messaging the orange of an incoming message is in mango and my replies are in more of a burnt orange I am assuming that in the other themes theres a similat colot variation. Also the phone dialer is different nicer layout! There are other differences cosmetically that are more pleading to me than nodo!

There are, in the threads as you said your replies are in your theme color and other peoples are of a dark hue.

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
$99 for an unlock??? Damn. One call to ATT and they unlock mine for free.

That's carrier unlock, what he was talking about is developer unlock. The former lets you use the device on different carriers, the latter allows you to side-load applications, and deploy them from the development environment.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
That's carrier unlock, what he was talking about is developer unlock. The former lets you use the device on different carriers, the latter allows you to side-load applications, and deploy them from the development environment.

Oh okay. That makes more sense. lol

staindgrey

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
There's a grey theme available? Damn. I would've used that; it's my freaking middle name lol.

I've been rocking teal since I first got the phone, because everything else just looks... ridiculous.

jim_h

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I used to write Windows software, I might even consider paying for a developer unlock, but I think it's $99 PER YEAR forever. Unless someone comes up with a jailbreak, forget it.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
A while back the Chevron guys announced they were coming out with a cheap (< $10) unlock that was sanctioned by MS. It would allow you to do everything a dev unlock would do except for publishing apps in the marketplace. I haven't heard anything about it in a while, not sure what happened.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4