No more replacement icons

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
On my Lumia ICON ... I have Lumia 8.1 DENIM + 1080p 1920 x 1080 pixel display, 20 MP OIS Carl Zeiss optics camera. 4 mics, 4K VIDEO RECORDING ... and "upgradeable to Windows Phone 10"!

Don't get suckered in to ANY other option besides "Lumia = NOW Microsoft" !

lcpljones

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Looks like you really enjoy your Icon :p. I like mine as well, hence the hesitation of going with the M8 replacement. Build is in 8 days...maybe they can give me some hope to hold out. I mean, my phone does work through Bluetooth.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Looks like you really enjoy your Icon :p. I like mine as well, hence the hesitation of going with the M8 replacement. Build is in 8 days...maybe they can give me some hope to hold out. I mean, my phone does work through Bluetooth.

Good luck getting it replaced eventually. I just got an Icon and love it. Bought two off of a friend. Don't forget eBay and other second hand options. Mine is like new and incredible.

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
So I went into the ms store yesterday as my icon is having a few hardware issues, but the are no longer available for replacement. They happily offered me an m8, but all the talk about the camera obviously has me a little gun shy. The didn't completely suggest waiting for a new phone to come out, but as the phone is mostly operable at the time, it is an option. I have the extended warrantee and another year left. So, long and short of it.....do I wait for a new flagship, or do I switch to the m8? Opinions....thoughts?

I would try and wait it out for the new Flagship. The M8 is so buggy.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I needed to warranty my ICON last fall after dropping my phone and all they had was white when I had black.
(the Assurion warranty program that is).
No big deal I use a otterbox and you can't tell what color the phone is anyway.
So I had that phone a few months when the charging port took a crap.
When I called Assurion that time they had NO MORE ICON phones and offered an M8 or an older Attiva or whatever the phone is from Samsung or whatever.
I did not want either phone and was getting upset.

Then the guy offered a REFURBISHED phone as an alternative which is something they usually don't do. I guess they usually just send out NEW phones.
Anyway I took that rather than switching phones.

The bad thing about switching to an HTC etc is losing the LUMIA applications including Nokia Mix Radio service.

If you can't get a phone new or refurbished then the next thing I would so is look for a used one in good condition on Craigslist, etc.

lcpljones

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, looks like I got lucky. They got one icon in out of no where. I am the proud owner of a new icon....and a band. Yeah...i was in the store too long.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I didn't know Asurion sent out new phones. Last I heard they were all refurbished.

They are. Many of them are returned devices that customers didn't like for some reason and not actually defective. The devices that were actually defective are repaired and tested before being resold or used as replacement devices. In either case, for sales/exchange purposes they have to be treated as open box/returned/refurbished and not as new.

Personally, I've never had a problem with refurbished devices.

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I buy everything possible refurbished. it's cheaper but has the same warranty. never had a problem. most of the time these are returns

DJZJ117

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Mine is broken and im getting a refurbished phone shipped to me. The sales rep said it should be a white Icon like I have now...If they are out of replacement Icon's then what are they shipping me...

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine is broken and im getting a refurbished phone shipped to me. The sales rep said it should be a white Icon like I have now...If they are out of replacement Icon's then what are they shipping me...

And if you are getting it from Microsoft, are they doing it for you out of the 1 year warranty?

lcpljones

May 29, 2014
Visit site
As far as my situation, the Microsoft store ended up getting 2 Icons in and held one for me. I had a few days left on my one year, but I also extended coverage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)