No signal until after reset.

Nguyenner

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile's my carrier.

Basically, the phone suddenly won't be able to pick up a signal no matter where I am, but then after a soft reset it's back to normal and I'm at full bars (regardless of where I am). I've only been able to notice it happen three times but it's probably happened more times than that. It happened again today and when I got it back on after a softreset, I got voicemail and a text timestamped at an hour before, so I pretty much have no idea how long the phone was without signal. This could definitely be a dealbreaker for me if the problem persists. If there's anyone who suspects it's a user settings issue, I can provide my settings. I doubt it's that though.

Also, is there currently an alternative method to getting the signal back that's a little more efficient that turning the phone off and on?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like either one of two things might be happening to you... One, T-Mobile is experiencing outages in your area (it's happened to me in the past with two of my phones). Two, you have a defective phone. I would call customer service, explain the situation and see if any troubleshooting can help. If not, I would try and exchange it.

louser

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Not to hijack this thread but I have the same problem plus sending and receiving mms rarely works. Had this same problem on my 810 and my daughters 710. I think this may be a Nokia specific problem as my 2 htc win 7 phones never had these problems. Bummer too because I really love my lumia 925 and don't want to take it back.

Nguyenner

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Toggling airplane mode is definitely a more efficient way of getting the signal back. Thanks Troy!
That being said, yes it's happened at least four more times since I've last posted (sorry for the late update). Couple this with the fact that I am indeed getting the "grip of death" problem, as posted here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-925/231772-grip-death.html and also that I've gotten a few random reboots (it only ever happens when I'm on the 6sec app, which could just be a coincidence).

Louser, now that you mention it I have had a few issues with sending and receiving mms. I'd say it works only about half the time. I'm hoping 8.1 will resolve these issues. I don't see any reason in exchanging it for a new one as I've seen a lot of people on the forum who have had the same problems with their newly exchanged ones.

JohnnyFEZ

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
This has happened to me maybe three times. I'll just randomly notice that I have no signal in an area where I should have one. Toggling Airplane Mode on and off causes the signal to return. Wish I knew what was causing it, but so far it hasn't happened often enough for me to worry much about it.

ArguableChutoy

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I also had this issue. I got a replacement SIM and it hasn't happened since.

For those with MMS problems on T-Mobile, I read that the following fixes the issue:

If you have Wi-Fi calling turned on, make sure it’s set to Cellular Preferred or turn it off when not in use. This seems to be affecting MMS on the 925 for some reason.

Nguyenner

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps I should try replacing the SIM as well. What prompted you to change the SIM by the way?
Was it a carrier's rep's suggestion?

I think I'll have to time today to head to T-Mobile to switch out the SIM and I'll report back in a week.

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my second 925 (Vodafone 32GB variant) and I am still having the same signal dropping issues, I've tried a new SIM and that made no difference :( .

Felipe Maglietti

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I had problems with the signal of my 925, and I solved them completely by placing the sim card in a way that it is not "properly" fitted in the marks of the holder. I just lay it over the holder, in this way the sim is a with more separated and makes better contact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon