No Simultaneous Voice and Data on AT&T w/Dual Sim

q21701

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been rocking the Elite x3 for some time now, and the one thing that's been driving me crazy is that I can't use data at the same time I'm on a call.

I have dual sims loaded in and it doesn't matter which sim I make the call from. I loose data connectivity until I end the call (unless Iturn on Wi-Fi, but that's not the point).

Has anyone else had this issue or success with a work around. I've double checked my APN settings to make sure everything is right.

The APN settings I'm using can be found here.
https://apn.gishan.net/settings/1477_4_att_apn_settings_for_hp_elite_x3.php

And I am using the NXTGENPHONE apn.

And suggestions? Has anyone had success on T-mobile or other carriers?

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Greetings,

Only one sim card can be set to receive data, forcing the other sim to 2G only. Apparently, AT&T, as well as its MVNO's no longer support the outdated 2G band. Thus, in many situations, the second sim is useless.

Also, it is my understanding that one can not receive data and voice calls at the same time no matter how the sims are set up.

q21701

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
That's not entirely accurate. One of the more recent firmware updates allows the second sim to function on 3G. This is why I am puzzled about the service not working.

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm running the most current Release Preview on my Lumia 950, but it does not run 3G on the second sim.
What firmware are you running?
If I could get 3G reception, it would open up quite a few nice possibilities for me!!

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm running the most current Release Preview on my Lumia 950, but it does not run 3G on the second sim.
What firmware are you running?
If I could get 3G reception, it would open up quite a few nice possibilities for me!!

The SnapDragon 808 and 810 used on the Lumia 950 and 950XL do not support 3G on the second SIM. This is doable with with the 820 on the x3 but apparently people are having troubles with it.

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
That's not entirely accurate. One of the more recent firmware updates allows the second sim to function on 3G. This is why I am puzzled about the service not working.

Is the SIM you are using for voice also set to be the primary SIM for data? I'm guessing this is the case but I don't think the device can switch on the fly to use data and voice simultaneously on the second SIM if it receives a call.

DaveZChicago

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I've been rocking the Elite x3 for some time now, and the one thing that's been driving me crazy is that I can't use data at the same time I'm on a call.

I have dual sims loaded in and it doesn't matter which sim I make the call from. I loose data connectivity until I end the call (unless Iturn on Wi-Fi, but that's not the point).

Has anyone else had this issue or success with a work around. I've double checked my APN settings to make sure everything is right.

The APN settings I'm using can be found here.
https://apn.gishan.net/settings/1477_4_att_apn_settings_for_hp_elite_x3.php

And I am using the NXTGENPHONE apn.

I have AT&T as my primary SIM and T-Mobile as my secondary (only for voice/text). I've never had an issue on any of my AT&T phones with simultaneous data and voice, in fact I just tried making a call and while the call was in progress on my HP Elite I was able to surf.

I looked at your APN settings and mine are different, I'm using the default APN and I don't have the (X) Use this APN for LTE and replace the one from my mobile operator checked.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: No Simultaneous Voice and Data on AT&T w/Dual Sim

Just tried this out. I have a TMO sim in slot one and ATT in slot two. I set data to SIM 2, made a call and opened this site in the browser.

Wonder if there are some odd settings you have.

2QjUm6L.jpg

2i51W7N.jpg

Sent from mTalk

fgol

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by q21701

<snip>

I have one SIM (ATT) and can use data while on a voice call. Was SIM count the issue?

Frank

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6