Nokia 1020 on o2 UK - Product Recall

Rich Reeves

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
My girlfriend just went into an o2 store in Bromley, London and was told she couldn't have a 64GB Lumia 1020 as it's been recalled!

They had them yesterday but were apparently told this morning not to sell any and send their stock back.

Anyone else heard anything about this??

Rich Reeves

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
gsquared - I haven't seen or heard anything!! That's why I posted. They told her they couldn't sell her one as they've been recalled, but I can't see any Nokia or o2 announcement anywhere... Also, why would I make this up?

Pawlee - Mine is fine too!

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
If it's O2 it's almost definitely BS from the sales person. I haven't yet met any O2 sales person who takes Windows Phone seriously, they only ever push Android and iPhone - sadly its effectively unwritten company policy :(

Rich Reeves

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I can't see why the guy in the o2 store (or my girlfriend!) would make it up though. He didn't try and sell her anything else, just said you'll have to come back in a couple of weeks. Also, same guy was happy to sell it to her when she was in there yesterday!

Last edited:

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
na, just spoke to o2 online chat with a rather nice lady called Rebecca.
It is still being offered for sale and there is no product recalls.

Rich Reeves

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Odd. Wonder what the guy was doing!? As I said, he didn't try to sell her anything else. Surely he'd only be missing out on a commission if he didn't sign her up!?

Graphic_Delusions

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I just phoned o2 and they have not heard anything about a product recall.

With that said, I am getting a replacement Lumia 1020 because I am not happy with the battery performance.

The operator mentioned that he has received several other customer's phoning with the same problem and that the replacements appear to have the problem sorted.

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
You will often find in retail, shops are asked to 'recall' something. It has nothing to do with a problem with the item, it's often to do with shops moving stock around. If you have a shop which is selling 10 x 1020's a day and another selling none, you will move the stock to the store more likely to sell things. The reason he may have had them and unable to sell them if simply because it's taken off their stock level by head office. GAME used to do the same thing with console hardware all the time.

lnsertName

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I must add, i know of 3 64GB, O2 1020's that have the same fault (like something is constantly pressing the screen), so maybe they have recalled because of this?

Communication lacks in most companies, so the fact that you are getting different stories from different places sounds about right.

The 3 handsets are from different stores too.

BannersI

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Had the black 1020 on pre order, turned up on UK launch day with a dodgy screen, digitiser gone wild with random fake keypresses and the back softkey failing. Replacement has no similar issues, but battery doesn't seem to last particularly well, although have glance and double tap to wake enabled.

Otherwise great phone, only complaints is the lack of inbuilt QI and limited NFC (no concept yet of trusted tags to avoid confirmation prompts and no NFC macros).

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
You will often find in retail, shops are asked to 'recall' something. It has nothing to do with a problem with the item, it's often to do with shops moving stock around. If you have a shop which is selling 10 x 1020's a day and another selling none, you will move the stock to the store more likely to sell things. The reason he may have had them and unable to sell them if simply because it's taken off their stock level by head office. GAME used to do the same thing with console hardware all the time.

this sounds about right to me , i rung yesterday for a swap for my yellow 1020 and they had no stock so i wouldnt be suprised if they are calling some back for online reserved orders that are slowly building up , they said it would be about 5 days or i could have the black one , i went with the black one instead but it would make sense as to why some shops say they have to send them back to warehouse etc

if they cant get them from nokia asap it would make sense to call some back from shops that arent selling well to fufill orders ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)