Nokia 922 for Verizon? WTF?

jcarli00

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
What happened to all the rumors of the Nokia 922 going to Verizon? I want the Nokia 900 series WP8 for the beautiful nokia camera and maps, and really don't want to get a HTC 8X at Big Red. I've used Android/HTC for 4 years, and I'm worn out from the crashes, battery life, and overall ****ty performance.

If I have to settle for the 8X, so be it, but I'm not happy about it. I'm can switch to AT&T anytime, but I've asked people about their (AT&T's) performance, and I don't hear much good over there. Can anyone sell me on HTC's 8X?

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I think you really should try the 8X if you're not willing to switch carriers / purchase unlocked. The key user experience is still the same between 8X and Lumia 920.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Based on the info from the Verizon thread, 922 is supposedly a quad-core device.

While that is only a rumor and not a confirmation by any meaning of the word, official Nokia communication seem to be now very different from last spring when Elop dismissed dual-core devices:

"On top of these exciting features, app developers are starting to create apps specifically for multi-core smartphones. And as multi-core technology is used in lower priced smartphones, there?s an increasing incentive to look into dual-core, with quad-core on the horizon. So in the future expect even more reasons to be happy about multi-core processors."

(From Nokia Conversations, official Nokia blog)

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Go to root metrics and check the coverage for your city. AT&T ranked higher than Verizon in mine. So I will be going there and getting the 920.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
No offense to the "inside sources" on this site but I personally am not buying the rumors of a possible 922 with quad core and improved camera that are being posted here. Of course the natural progression of tech specs in a phone are to improve processor power, RAM, improve camera, etc so it's expected that any further Nokia phone will have better specs - not exactly ground breaking info. Not to mention the dates keep shifting from Black Friday, to December to now March.

I've been posting on forums for a long time and 99% most inside rumors are usually false.

Last edited:

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
No offense to the "inside sources" on this site but I personally am not buying the rumors of a possible 922 with quad core and improved camera that are being posted here. Of course the natural progression of tech specs in a phone are to improve processor power, RAM, improve camera, etc so it's expected that any further Nokia phone will have better specs - not exactly ground breaking info. Not to mention the dates keep shifting from Black Friday, to December to now March.

I've been posting on forums for a long time and 99% most inside rumors are usually false.

Actually 99% of the Verizon wp8 "rumors" on this site have been dead on. I would put some money on a quad core Nokia hitting Verizon in early 2012.

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
If you want someone to sell you on the 8x i would check out Vlad Savov's review of it over on Theverge.com, it's a really good article and i think it shows all the pluses and minuses of the device. He also did a "This is my Next" for the 8x talking about how he is going to use it as his personal device.
8x Review: Here
This is my next: Here

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
If you want someone to sell you on the 8x i would check out Vlad Savov's review of it over on Theverge.com, it's a really good article and i think it shows all the pluses and minuses of the device. He also did a "This is my Next" for the 8x talking about how he is going to use it as his personal device.
8x Review: Here
This is my next: Here

Great if you have Verizon. Otherwise you are settling. Wait for their 920 review.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zinedioo