Nokia Lumia 928 battery over charge protection?

Tom Krupinski

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know the actual documented extent of the Nokia Lumia 928 battery over charge protection?
This is the only reference I have found from Verizon Wireless support on line:
"A Lithium Polymer battery may be damaged by extensive overcharging (continuously on a charger for more than 24 hours). "
Thanks,
Tom

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
All I can say is the charging icon changes wen the battery is charged (according to the phone's sensing). It goes from a "flashing" icon to a non-flashing icon. That tells me the charging cycle is ended. . .

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
^weird, my qi chargers stop charging it after a while at 100%, and the battery saver app shows the last time charging was xxx minutes ago as it should do when you unplug it, and its easy to tell, when I wake up and check my phone its completely cold, if it is cool, it means there is no electric current there, and if there is no energy transfer there is no way in hell you can overcharge it simply because it is NOT charging at all, it just tops the battery off every few hours over and over, which isn't a bad thing

Tom Krupinski

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing the charging experiences, however I was searching for actual published documentation for any Nokia Lumia 928 battery over charge protection. I guess there isn't any reference other I have found from Verizon Wireless on line support.
"A Lithium Polymer battery may be damaged by extensive overcharging (continuously on a charger for more than 24 hours). "
Thanks,
Tom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb