Not all USB cable can sync data?

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have bought various usb cables form internet, for charging use, and noticed not all of them can sync data with my PC. Are they all wired differently or just inferior? Most can charge with no issue, but not able to detect my HTC when I plug them in. Do you have a prefered vendor to get a USB cable that guarantees to charge and sync data???

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I have bought various usb cables form internet, for charging use, and noticed not all of them can sync data with my PC. Are they all wired differently or just inferior? Most can charge with no issue, but not able to detect my HTC when I plug them in. Do you have a prefered vendor to get a USB cable that guarantees to charge and sync data???

Yes, while all USB cables are capable of charging, not all USB cables are capable of data-transfers. Certain pins are missing in charge-only cables as compared with full data USB cables... this is why charge-only cables are cheaper. For this reason, it is not preferable to buy cables over the internet since there is no way to test them before purchase. Original/branded cables are preferred since they are guaranteed to work with data transfers if you really have to buy online... but if you would go for budget cables, I recommend going to a store and actually testing the cable with your phone and a computer before buying it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo