Notification Centre in Windows Phone 8.. New Image... Enough info on the picture.

darksantacruz

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I want a notification center but NOT like this! Is it so difficult to implement it by swiping the finger to the right to hit the left screen?!! If a person is not on the start screen then double tap the windows home button to go the notification center ( or other idea...)! As a live tile that's a no go for me. Nokia please take charge of the developments!

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I want a notification center but NOT like this! Is it so difficult to implement it by swiping the finger to the right to hit the left screen?!! If a person is not on the start screen then double tap the windows home button to go the notification center ( or other idea...)! As a live tile that's a no go for me. Nokia please take charge of the developments!

This doesn't seem any more convoluted than swiping or double tapping.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Maybe this is similar to Kids Corner. You can have a tile for it on the home screen or access it by swiping from the lock screen. Perhaps this is showing tile access to a notification center but it can also be accessed from another action. Just a thought. I'm not going to jump to any conclusions before MS shows it in full.

iboypx

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
This doesn't seem any more convoluted than swiping or double tapping.

Yes.. they can't implement swipe left also... becz most of the apps are PANORAMIC
MS need to be Very Creative for this one...or they can replace the Search Button that i never used ;) . do you guys thing that search button is useful or fulfilling the purpose? still it doesnt have internal search as well...

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Maybe the star blinks when there are messages and the tile serves to let you know what the notification is all about.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Maybe the star blinks when there are messages and the tile serves to let you know what the notification is all about.

Finally, an intelligent answer....

Sick to death of all this talk about a full screen notification 'centre', and users trying to turn WP into an Android clone!!!. Hopefully this NEVER happens. I'm sure MS and Nokia will come up with an elegant solution using the Live Tiles. Let's hope so...
Personally I have no need of a 'Notification Centre'. I use the phone properly. The Live Tiles do the job nicely. And before anyone says that a particular application doesn't have a live tile or lockscreen notification... Take that up with the app developer. It's not an OS problem.....

iboypx

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Sick to death of all this talk about a full screen notification 'centre', and users trying to turn WP into an Android clone!!!. Hopefully this NEVER happens. I'm sure MS and Nokia will come up with an elegant solution using the Live Tiles. Let's hope so...
Personally I have no need of a 'Notification Centre'. I use the phone properly. The Live Tiles do the job nicely. And before anyone says that a particular application doesn't have a live tile or lockscreen notification... Take that up with the app developer. It's not an OS problem.....

Absolutely correct.. For me Windows Phone Home Screen is my Notification Center that beautifully and Cleverly Designed by MS. why we need another Notification centre.. only one thing i missing is the shortcut for activating WiFi and Bluetooth in home screen.. we have "Cellular Data" shortcut by MS already in the store.. we need more app for Wifi and Bluetooth... thats it...

Technoloay

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Oh, and one more thing: I don't really want to access the Notification Center from anywhere on the phone UNLESS it has switches for the settings. Otherwise a swipe to the right on the home screen is the perfect solution IMO.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I would want a Notification Centre is for missed notifications. What happens when you get a notification from an app you don't have pinned but you miss the toast notification that pops up?

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

If you're fine with this kind of idiotic implementation, no wonder you don't need a notification center. And what's this all about turning into android.....Notification center is a cool thing, android gives superior experience when it comes to notification center, I don't mind if MS does something similar. This is becoming ridiculous, are you people really wanting WP to succeed or not ??

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Reliable source said that they scrapped idea of notification tile, instead they are working on integrated notification center.
Aswell we won't see it in GDR3, we might see it in WP Blue or further release.
^Don't take this information as 100 percent truth.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
They are adding notifications in the bittersweet update. Before you even unlock your phone you will see the notifications on the screen just like the clock.
I could see this working out very well. Glance at phone, see the notifications, double tap to unlock, then tap the appropriate tile. As long as you have your most used apps at the top of all your tiles the process will be very quick to check.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire