Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Hinkle

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Have to say, I don't understand the carrier loyalty some people seem to have. Can't be everyone that lives in an area where only Verizon has service so why stay when its like finding hens teeth to get this carrier to support the phone YOU bought? I remember right from WP7 when one if their execs dissed WP, then they carried one of the worst devices when they eventually got one, now its getting exclusives and doing their damnest not to sell them yet people still choose them? What's the attraction that you would stand for such bs?

The main reason a lot of people are sticking with Verizon is because of grandfathered in unlimited data. When they finally take that away then I know I'll have no qualms about jumping ship.

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I myself hate Verizon with a passion, but as one of the people that owns property and hunts in BFE parts of Ohio I and my family needs Verizon because they are the only ones that will work on the ground out there. AT&T works out there, but you have to be 20+ feet in the air in order to get any kind of signal at all. I use Verizon because I don't feel like having to climb in my treestand every time I need to send a text or make a phone call. Unfortunately though that is the only reason why I even tolerate Verizon. Of course I don't tell them that fact.
CGD

anon(247108)

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
So, have been watching this thread over the past couple of days as I just bought my iCon three days ago. I have 11 days to decide whether to keep it or go to the HTC M8. The only thing irritating me about the phone is the lack of the tap to open or whatever feature. Truth is, if I did not know about Cyan, I can't think of single reason I would be concerned about this phone except for this retirement issue. I knew full well the phone did not have an SD card, as I use One Drive with my 1 TB limit extensively for photos and music. I really like the heft of the phone, and am agnostic about the camera. I have it set up the way I like, and it is on the Asurion plan (boy have I had occasion to use that one lately). Am I missing some compelling reason to run to my local VZ store and exchange it for an M8?

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
suckmeter_zpsb3c57cc7.jpg

prlundberg

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
So, have been watching this thread over the past couple of days as I just bought my iCon three days ago. I have 11 days to decide whether to keep it or go to the HTC M8. The only thing irritating me about the phone is the lack of the tap to open or whatever feature. Truth is, if I did not know about Cyan, I can't think of single reason I would be concerned about this phone except for this retirement issue. I knew full well the phone did not have an SD card, as I use One Drive with my 1 TB limit extensively for photos and music. I really like the heft of the phone, and am agnostic about the camera. I have it set up the way I like, and it is on the Asurion plan (boy have I had occasion to use that one lately). Am I missing some compelling reason to run to my local VZ store and exchange it for an M8?

Cortana, Swype, Miracast, LE Bluetooth come to mind. I think but am not positive the M8 does all that. All pretty important, at least to me. The main things the Icon has over the M8 are the camera and Nokia apps, so if you don't care about that I don't see much reason to keep the Icon.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I guess there is nothing do here now.... :(

About the only thing going on is the ******** about Verizon and how people are going to change to a new carrier, it really stinks Verizon has some of us by the balls, If we leave, we risk getting poor coverage, or over billing (AT&T just paid out 100 mil)...If we stay with Verizon we get poor support for Windows Phone

I guess the waiting game is on....again, not just for Cyan/Denim, it's to see if this phone was discontinued officially, or like others have said, a updated model comes in with Cyan/Denim already installed...

Just wish Verizon would publicly say something.....

For people saying that there is no right to file a class action lawsuit, yea, I think we have a right. There is certain level of support you expect when spending $500+ on a phone or Signing a 2 year contract on a High end phone. To discontinue support for a device in such a short time is unacceptable to me and it should be for EVERYONE who purchases a phone.

It sucks waiting but, by December 1st I expect to have Denim on my phone, if not, I feel we need to bring legal action against Verizon for lack of support. In this lawsuit, I would expect the phone to be fully updated or a full refund for the cost of the phone.

For everyone with a modern cell phone, something should be done about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria