Official Lumia 620 Amber Update Thread

sision

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Battery life is definitely worse after Amber update. I used to get about 1 day 10 hrs on full charge, now I barely get a day.
Edit: I flashed region specific rom when it first arrived on NSU.

sharathu7

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Nokia site says China country variant Amber update for Nokia 620 is available... did anyone confirmed it ??

Edit: Vietnam also available... so I think its gonna release for other countries also today... stay tuned... ;-)

Arjun KR

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
yes Battery got worse after update,may be glance feature is eating all the battery,I was getting 1 day+ on GDR1 but now 12-15hrs

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I've two questions about amber update.
1. Will it delete all the data from the phone after installing update?
2. As we all know that other storage bug has been fixed in the Amber update to some extend so will the other storage be cleared after the update or do we have to factory reset for a new start?

Thanks.

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I've two questions about amber update.
1. Will it delete all the data from the phone after installing update?
2. As we all know that other storage bug has been fixed in the Amber update to some extend so will the other storage be cleared after the update or do we have to factory reset for a new start?

Thanks.

if you install from Nokia Software updater or other custom way of installing rom YES (but usually contacts, sms, photos in camera roll, saved pictures are uploaded already ifyou switch on the 'backup' function in the settings) but it will remember what apps you have installed and will re-install automatically after the update (you will lose all specific data related to the app eg: angry birds progress..etc)

Other storage is still there, it has been fixed in the sense that it is controlled not to leak or overshoot thats all.

Wait for the OFFICIAL OTA UPDATE (sorry for the cap) which will come to you in due time on your phone and just update with that which will not disturb your files hopefully (had not had this so cannot really be 100% sure)

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
if you install from Nokia Software updater or other custom way of installing rom YES (but usually contacts, sms, photos in camera roll, saved pictures are uploaded already ifyou switch on the 'backup' function in the settings) but it will remember what apps you have installed and will re-install automatically after the update (you will lose all specific data related to the app eg: angry birds progress..etc)

Other storage is still there, it has been fixed in the sense that it is controlled not to leak or overshoot thats all.

Wait for the OFFICIAL OTA UPDATE (sorry for the cap) which will come to you in due time on your phone and just update with that which will not disturb your files hopefully (had not had this so cannot really be 100% sure)

Eagerly waiting for the update!

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Off-Topic
I'm posting it here cause the actual thread didn't get any attention, do you guys face Random Reboots in GDR1 ? I have that issue and it still persists after a hard reset. There isn't a specific time or reason of the reboots but it just randomly happens while listening music, playing games, using any apps! Is it the same with you guys? If it's the same with you guys then we should hope to see a fix in GDR2!

Stravincy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Off-Topic
I'm posting it here cause the actual thread didn't get any attention, do you guys face Random Reboots in GDR1 ? I have that issue and it still persists after a hard reset. There isn't a specific time or reason of the reboots but it just randomly happens while listening music, playing games, using any apps! Is it the same with you guys? If it's the same with you guys then we should hope to see a fix in GDR2!

I used to have this problem. Random reboots and freezes. Eventually I was tired of it and sent it off to Nokia for repair. They gave me a new battery and I haven't had any issues since then.

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Off-Topic

I used to have in GDR1 not very often but used to... but after GDR2 (at least 2 weeks now) not even once had that problem occured to me. So i hope its fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo