(Official) What WP needs to succeed

dryspuri

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 1020 Best smartphone desperately needs smart diasl and notification centre

I am so far enjoying my Lumia 1020, shifted from nexus 5, Do not regret a bit, except........ nokia it has so many good apps, why dont they include nokia smart dial and notification centre, now even google has done it..

Please nokia/microsoft after this this will be PERFECT

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I've read through a lot of this thread and arrived at the conclusion that what people want is an Android phone. All of the functionality above is currently available. It makes me question why people are persisting with WP, me included.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I've read through a lot of this thread and arrived at the conclusion that what people want is an Android phone. All of the functionality above is currently available. It makes me question why people are persisting with WP, me included.
It's because some of the complaints are valid for an OS like Windows Phone, and that people need some time to get used to Windows Phone.

I just want the charms key to relplace search. That would solve a lot of problems at once.

anon(5527120)

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Toast notifications (especially if we get 20 or so in a row if we check our phone after a while) block the top part of the screen and we have to swipe each notification just so that we can access the top part of the screen. So if I got 20 messages when my phone was away, when I finally pick it up, I get 20 toast notifications IN A ROW and have to swipe each of them before I can access the top part of the screen

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I was wrong on my Nr 9 point. "Every app needs to be build FIRST on 512 MB devices then upscaled and expanded (if needed) for 1 GB and 2 GB devices."

As Windows Phone 7 is still being officially supported for 10 more months, developers SHOULD, YES, target 512 devices as much as posible. They could try to optimise even for 256 MB devices. It may sound silly, but if an app/game could run on 256 MBs, you pretty much expect it to run brilliant on better equiped devices.

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
one IMPORTANT thing no ONE maybe mentioned
is to have MICROPHONE in the keyboard, just like SWIFT KEYBOARD on Android!
its a great option if ur drivin, or even if ur in bed or whatever, u can simply click the microphone icon, and talk, and ur voice will be put as text directly!
so Microsoft, if ur not allowing us to have a 3rd party keyboard as Swift Keyboard, at least make ur keyboard as modern, as up to date , and as friendly.
P.S.: Is anyone at Microsoft reading its users base comments ?!

reuben9000

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
When you press the volume hard buttons the little volume bar on top which shows the volume level has a tiny icon on the top left corner which tells you what mode your phone is in - loud/silent/vibrate. If you press the little bell next to it, it automatically toggles between the vibrate, silent and loud modes. :)

JKing106

Banned
Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
When you press the volume hard buttons the little volume bar on top which shows the volume level has a tiny icon on the top left corner which tells you what mode your phone is in - loud/silent/vibrate. If you press the little bell next to it, it automatically toggles between the vibrate, silent and loud modes. :)

Mine doesn't. I have to manually turn vibrate off in the settings menu before the silent option is available with the volume keys. On a Lumia 822.

JKing106

Banned
Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can Microsoft really work harder?!

And it is incredible now that I could buy a Android phone and have access to Office on it - How do you give up your most major competitive advantage for convincing people to user your OS???.

How's that worked out so far? Selling like hotcakes because of Office, right?

The fact of the matter is Microsoft should have had iOS and Android versions of Office 2 years ago. They have trained millions of people to live without Office. They could have been making tens to hundreds of millions instead of nothing. Fools.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
So when are we getting a decent music syncing ability?

So Microsoft has been doing great things with updates, apps, and features that we want and yet I still don't have a reliable way of syncing music to my phone. I don't want drag and drop, its too hard to keep track of what I already have on my phone. When will I be able to actually sync music? I was able to use windows media player on my XP desktop but have since moved my music to my Win8 tablet. I can connect my phone to the tablet and do the drag and drop thing, but why can't I do a sync with WMP like I did on my desktop? With Microsoft talking about unifying the Win8 and WP8 experience I think this is absolutely mandatory for the Windows platform to succeed. The Xbox music thing just isn't cutting it. Much of my music isn't 100% perfectly tagged and Xbox music won't find it. I just want my tablet library to be the same on my phone but if I download a song on the tablet (from somewhere other than Xbox music) I want it on my phone too.

markybean

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Upon restoring backup or First use of the handset on setup:

-Windows Phone 8 should first seek a wifi connection as priority connection not the Mobile Data

- In my experience, I was about to restore my backup and then suddenly I realized I don't have mobile data available, I haven't restored my data. I only got wifi connection which is not usable until you skip the mobile data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire