Official Windows Phone Central app v3.0 is now available!

Rikev

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
If you signed up to the forum using another service like Twitter, you need to go into your account settings on the website and assign a password.

onedrummer2401

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Notification with WPCentral app 7.8

Hi, so I use the WPCentral app all the time, but the notifications on the tile have stopped working for months. There's a couple times where if I restart my phone for an unrelated issue it'll show up on the tile, but it doesn't update regularly. I know Jay has addressed this, but is there a fix in the works? Has the cause even been discovered? I'd love if my WPCentral tile rejoined the ranks of the the living tiles.(

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a somewhat serious error with this app on a Lumia 620 running WP8.

On a wireless network the app runs perfect with no problem at all. If you switch to your 3G connection and try to log in, the app triggers Three UK's anti-tethering system and causes the entire data connection to be blocked until the phone is restarted. I contacted Three and they don't seem to care.

I have been able to reproduce this bug.
Rikev, that's concerning as i intended to switch to Three shortly, but there's nothing the app does which should be viewed as tethering and without knowing which web call is causing this behaviour there's not a lot I can do?unfortunately.
Even if I did know I don't expect there will be anything I can do, but if you can give me more information I will try

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a somewhat serious error with this app on a Lumia 620 running WP8.

On a wireless network the app runs perfect with no problem at all. If you switch to your 3G connection and try to log in, the app triggers Three UK's anti-tethering system and causes the entire data connection to be blocked until the phone is restarted. I contacted Three and they don't seem to care.

I have been able to reproduce this bug.

Question: Was the phone on wifi first, then switched to 3g?
Was it plugged into something using a data cable? Or charging when the trigger happened? Look under settings, and see if internet settings is turned on. If so, then turn it off. Also, turn wifi off, but leave 3g on. Restart your phone and see if it happens again.

Internet sharing on plus WiFi on can trigger an anti tethering alarm.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Jay, would you ever consider changing the icon used for the LIKE button? It just feels weird to tell a fellow forum member, "hey, I really HEART your comment"! Maybe a smiley face or an exclamation point would be reasonable alternatives? Just my unsolicited $0.02.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Jay, would you ever consider changing the icon used for the LIKE button? It just feels weird to tell a fellow forum member, "hey, I really HEART your comment"! Maybe a smiley face or an exclamation point would be reasonable alternatives? Just my unsolicited $0.02.
Chris, I've tried but tapatalk keeps throwing errors when I go to use likes, it's a complete pain but I'll try again :)

TAB1360

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Love the app but new feature ideas.

I think notifications when updates to stuff you post or paired on(customizable) would show up for lock screen and start.

vikrant6

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Jay, I'm unable to open any image from forums in the app. It says failed to fetch the image, tap here to open in the explorer. Any trick to solve this problem? I'm on Lumia 820.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes