On the fence, again.

mark1914

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Well I picked up a Lumia 1520 and while I like phone and OS I'm on the fence about keeping it. The last windows phone I had was a 920. Loved it but I succumbed to the dark side and traded it for an ios device. Saw the 1520 and thought wow. I like the fact its different from 99% of the people here in Missouri have. This state is mostly apple and android. Every place I've been people ask me if that's a "phone" or tablet and "what is that?". Def garners attention both good and bad. I'm on the fence because I kinda don't want attention drawn to me. Hence why I got a black 1520. Also I'm. Gym teacher and coach. The 1520 doesn't stay in sweatpants very well. I know I probably shouldn't even have my phone on me during school or practices but its out of habit. Am I just wired to be like everyone else and tote around an iPhone or galaxy? Help!

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I think you should remain true to your own self. Do what you think it's right in life and don't believe everything it is said to you. Make your life by your decisions not somebody elses.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Well I picked up a Lumia 1520 and while I like phone and OS I'm on the fence about keeping it. The last windows phone I had was a 920. Loved it but I succumbed to the dark side and traded it for an ios device. Saw the 1520 and thought wow. I like the fact its different from 99% of the people here in Missouri have. This state is mostly apple and android. Every place I've been people ask me if that's a "phone" or tablet and "what is that?". Def garners attention both good and bad. I'm on the fence because I kinda don't want attention drawn to me. Hence why I got a black 1520. Also I'm. Gym teacher and coach. The 1520 doesn't stay in sweatpants very well. I know I probably shouldn't even have my phone on me during school or practices but its out of habit. Am I just wired to be like everyone else and tote around an iPhone or galaxy? Help!

hi mark, out of curiosity why did you buy the 1520? i mean what features did you buy it for, the screen size, or quad core? if it wasn't for eiher of these then why not go with the 1020, you dont give us much to go on regarding your decision making process, I also live in Missouri (Springfield) and honestly WP are very popular here, I know at least 20 people who own them, and see them all the time when out and about, nothing wrong with the IPhone or the Galaxy line of phones (great phones, just my preferences is WP)

mark1914

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Well I picked it up because of the screen size honestly and the camera options. I've become a shutter bug over the last few months. I like being able to use the Pro Camera options. I'm up in St. Louis and haven't seen another windows phone period. I like the os and the fact its refreshing to have something other than what all my students have.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Well I picked it up because of the screen size honestly and the camera options. I've become a shutter bug over the last few months. I like being able to use the Pro Camera options. I'm up in St. Louis and haven't seen another windows phone period. I like the os and the fact its refreshing to have something other than what all my students have.

if its the camera then the 1020 is the BEST camera phone you can own period, and its the same size as the 920, regarding screen size well, then you'll just have to live with all of the attention it will bring lol

mark1914

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Funny thing is lots of people are curious about what phone it is. Then when I tell them its a windows phone they say "oh". Like its cool at first until its not what they expected. Then you get the "why do you need a phone that big?" question. I usually respond I have ears, big head. Lol

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
If you're more worried about what other people think about you than having an awesome phone, then you're definitely an iPhone user.

Just sayin...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss