Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So I'm not a regular user of Microsoft Office on WP7 (yet) but one thing I really really like is OneNote its great for... Um taking notes or making lists but, as far as I've seen, there is no way to pin the "new note" option to the start screen so in order for me to get to it I need to open office, then click new note... I understand one extra click is extremely trivial... Which is why I never started this thread a while back when I started using it, but given that WP7 is the "glance and go" super quick OS, now that mango is around the corner does anyone know if "new note" will be pinnable in WP7.5?

Pack34

May 10, 2011
Visit site
So I'm not a regular user of Microsoft Office on WP7 (yet) but one thing I really really like is OneNote its great for... Um taking notes or making lists but, as far as I've seen, there is no way to pin the "new note" option to the start screen so in order for me to get to it I need to open office, then click new note... I understand one extra click is extremely trivial... Which is why I never started this thread a while back when I started using it, but given that WP7 is the "glance and go" super quick OS, now that mango is around the corner does anyone know if "new note" will be pinnable in WP7.5?

I would imagine you would be able to since you can pin specific portions of an app to the home screen with 7.5.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah there's multiple app pining in Mango so it should work in theory.

For example I have the Xbox live hub. Then I have Fruit Ninja, I pinned Fruit Ninja on the screen.

Then inside fruit Ninja I pin Arcade mode to the screen and I can access it instantly...In theory.

commo

Dec 3, 2004
Visit site
Syncing OneNote

I was having problems with syncing my Onenote from my phone. I have two notebooks, one called "Personal (Phone)" and another called "Personal (Web)". I couldn't figure out why everytime I created a new note from my phone it wouldn't sync onto the web. I figured out that I had to make the "Personal (Web)" Notebook my default by clicking and holding the notebook and selecting "set as default". Now every time I create a new note it's finally syncing on the web like it should. I'm not sure why we even have that "Personal (Phone) Notebook if the data is only local to the phone. Anyways, thought I should mention it in case anyone else had the same issue.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Quick question - Mango and direct sync with Outlook?

Has anyone seen this mentioned lately. Of the 500 new things mango can do, one would expect this to have come up as one of the upgrades.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone seen this mentioned lately. Of the 500 new things mango can do, one would expect this to have come up as one of the upgrades.
I honestly don't expect to see it. Pay for a monthly Exchange host if its that important.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
It might not work for you but what I have been doing is this. I made a blank note saved it then pinned it to the stat screen. Then I made a blank list saved it then pinned it to the start. Now when I need to make a note or list I just tap one and start editing.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It might not work for you but what I have been doing is this. I made a blank note saved it then pinned it to the stat screen. Then I made a blank list saved it then pinned it to the start. Now when I need to make a note or list I just tap one and start editing.
Yeah I was aware of this "workaround" but that makes things a bit more complicated because for every new note i make, i technically need to make two; the one i want and the new one, then i have to de-pin the old note and pin the "new note" onto the screen but it is a good idea for now though i guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leliawindler