Otterbox Theorem Series for Microsoft Surface Duo

SvenJ

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
OK, one of you Windows Central guys (Daniel) needs to review one of these things. Looks nice but there are two things that don't add up. It says, 'works with the bumper', but that seems unlikely as their sticky part is right where the bumper is. None of the pictures show a bumper, just the naked Duo. Second, none of the pictures show the Duo folded back with the screens facing out. Looking at it, if it is possible, it seems like it might be very awkward. Looks pretty nice, especially if the DUO is thought of more as a PDA than a phone, but those couple of questions have me hesitant.

dsaelwuero

Sep 12, 2020
Visit site
OK, one of you Windows Central guys (Daniel) needs to review one of these things. Looks nice but there are two things that don't add up. It says, 'works with the bumper', but that seems unlikely as their sticky part is right where the bumper is. None of the pictures show a bumper, just the naked Duo. Second, none of the pictures show the Duo folded back with the screens facing out. Looking at it, if it is possible, it seems like it might be very awkward. Looks pretty nice, especially if the DUO is thought of more as a PDA than a phone, but those couple of questions have me hesitant.

I have one and you’re right, it isn’t made for using the Duo folded back completely. I removed my bumper prior to getting the Otterbox. But the adhesive is sticky so I would say it would stick just fine. I am happy that I have it despite it not being a perfect cover. Like I wish it didn’t have the stylus holder since I don’t use a stylus. But the Duo is well protected inside. I also like that I can easily access the charging port without having to remove the Duo from the folio or opening it, versus a closed sleeve.

dsaelwuero

Sep 12, 2020
Visit site
ok so i put a bumper back on my Duo and it no longer adheres to the Otterbox folio. it fits in fine and does stick but it is not a good solid stick. for example if you pick up the folio while it is open and hold it up by one end, the Duo will slip off. you have to be very careful. if you use the bumper i don’t recommend this folio.

lmsart

Oct 13, 2020
Visit site
I am not a reviewer but I did have the Theorem for one day and sent it back. My reasons are that the beauty of the Duo is how it folds. The Theorem completely stunts the movement. It is bulky and heavy too. IF you just want to use your Duo in just a book mode and never fold it all the way back then sure, this might work for you. But you definitely cannot fold it all the way back with the Theorem as the sticky holds the phone in place and all that case gets in the way. Hope that helps. Also, I completely forgot to mention that I called Otterbox and asked if the slim pen fits in the elastic and they said yes...NO it doesn't, it took me 20 minutes to get the pen back out. I guess it is for another pen, but not mine.:angry:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamtepp