Packing 2 phones?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I didn't search this subject...

How many fine members of this community carry 2 phones around with them.

I ask because I got kidded the other night when a friend noticed me having my 635 in the right pocket and my 925 in the left.
Realizing this could be some sort of device addiction I tried to evade by offering a vague answer with a touch of evasiveness.

Anyhoo if you do this what's your combo?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

• iPhone\aPhone
  • wPhone\iPhone
  • aPhone\wPhone
  • iPhone\iPhone
  • aPhone\aPhone
  • wPhone\wPhone

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Get those looks/comments all the time.
I carry a white 1520 and a white 1320...and an ASUS Vivotab Note 8 or an HP Elitepad 900 depending on the mood. :)

Edit: Just to clarify. I teach 5th grade science, so all the electronics I carry around are part of my classroom act. :) I am still addicted to devices though.

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Mmmm...

Looks like I may need to bump up to 2 more phones and a tablet then...

Maybe someone could whip up and market something like a fishing vest for electronic devices.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Well there we have it!
Now if there was a way to involve coffee we would be set :smile:

A year ago I had no intention of being totally connected...then a smartphone appeared for under 120 USD.
Now I look at me and shake my head ... soon others will be assimilated.

Borg-Queen.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Mmmm...

Looks like I may need to bump up to 2 more phones and a tablet then...

Maybe someone could whip up and market something like a fishing vest for electronic devices.

Now of you want me to be technical, my full mobile kit is:
Windows side: Asus T100, Lumia 925 (will upgrade to 930)
Android side: Z Ultra (full Google usage), Nexus 5 (less google services installed)

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Now of you want me to be technical, my full mobile kit is:
Windows side: Asus T100, Lumia 925 (will upgrade to 930)
Android side: Z Ultra (full Google usage), Nexus 5 (less google services installed)

How do you like your Z Ultra? I love mine. Was worried about what some reviews said...that it was just too big to use as a phone. I've gotten used to it rather quickly.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
How do you like your Z Ultra? I love mine. Was worried about what some reviews said...that it was just too big to use as a phone. I've gotten used to it rather quickly.

I love it. I have the Purple model, hence the "Princely Purple" signature when using the Android WPC app in honor of the artiste Prince (who also likes purple). I don't use it as a daily driver because I take public transit a lot. But I got my SBH-52 and SWR 10 synced to it and it is nice. Plus I get the updates quickly from Sony so far, which has been tremendous (mine is the octaband LTE model - Asian Variant). I pulled it out for a road trip during my birthday and it was great to listen to music and read and watch movies on that gorgeous screen...

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I love it. I have the Purple model, hence the "Princely Purple" signature when using the Android WPC app in honor of the artiste Prince (who also likes purple). I don't use it as a daily driver because I take public transit a lot. But I got my SBH-52 and SWR 10 synced to it and it is nice. Plus I get the updates quickly from Sony so far, which has been tremendous (mine is the octaband LTE model - Asian Variant). I pulled it out for a road trip during my birthday and it was great to listen to music and read and watch movies on that gorgeous screen...

I almost went for the purple, but the variant I needed to work on AT&T was only available in black or white at the time. I'm very satisfied with the white color though, but the purple is really pretty awesome looking too. I agree...the screen is pretty amazing! Right now, my 1520 is my daily, but I pull the Z out every once in a while just to switch things up a bit.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I rock a combination these days of a 925 and a Nexus 5.

I'm close to that; a Nexus 5 and a Lumia 920. I actually don't carry the 920 all the time, usually only if something has just been released or updated and I want to play with it! I also have a 520 and a Moto G, so every once in a while I'll throw one of those in my pocket for the 2nd device for the day.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I use an iPhone 5s on tmobile as my daily driver... I use my Lumia 920 to play pandora at home. It is unlocked, because they use different SIM card size I strictly use my iPhone now.

I also own a Surface Pro 3 that pretty much goes everywhere with me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm close to that; a Nexus 5 and a Lumia 920. I actually don't carry the 920 all the time, usually only if something has just been released or updated and I want to play with it! I also have a 520 and a Moto G, so every once in a while I'll throw one of those in my pocket for the 2nd device for the day.

Sadly my 925 is regulated more these days to weekends and picture taking events. The N5 is now the workhorse. I do have them both today because I find that the Japanese input keyboard is a bit better on the 925 and I had a simple Japanese speech I needed to write...

Looking forward to the 930 to start using both phones more equally.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 925 (daily driver) and Nexus 7 are two devices I carry around all the time with me.

On the phone side, I always have these two charged up and ready to go just in case something were to happen to my Lumia 925 - Lumia 810 (my backup device) and my ATIV S (set up to mirror my 925).

I am saving some dough to grab a N6 and/or Moto X+1 when it comes out - I cycled through Moto X (three of them), N5 (four of them), OnePlus One(two of these), Z Ultra, LG G2 during the last two months. I did get a Moto G in a trade in the Marketplace which I need to go to the post office to pick up but it will be sold within a day or two.

I fully intend to let my work pay for the iPhone 6 when it comes out, I plan to keep my record of never having spent 1c in the Apple ecosystem intact!

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the 1520 and Xiaomi Mi 3. I had the Nexus 7 before but sold it for Mi 3 since I really needed a SMS-capable phone atm l and the former also has a close similarity in screen size with the Lumia 1520.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb