People who are claiming that they don't have the "rattle"...

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Only part of mine that creaks or rattles is by the the sim slot or by the speakers but i have to push it for it to make any noise. Not an issue for me tbh.

I think ive been very lucky with mine as the only major issue i have the the dust behind the ffc.

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I haven't noticed a rattle when the phone vibrates and if it does have it, it's not something that is bothering me. So if it's that bad, I assume I don't have it. I'm not watching those videos though because I'll just start searching for problems like I did with the screen scratches. And then I found one...

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe how sensitive some people are just because the vibrate sounds different than normal

Its not like "oh, this is not aestethically pleasing to my eardrums, by George get it OUT OF MY HOUSE!", its more "oh, something might be loose in there and that could harm the phone, I should get that fixed probably."

Oktay Gardener

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
yeah i don't have it either... i'm assuming most with the rattle got their phones the second they came out.. it appears the 2nd batch of phones don't have this issue.. i guess i should be happy the yellow 920 was on back order, allowing me to one of the 2nd batch phones

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Annnnd another vibrate rattling thread.

Please, keep sending back your lumia 920's until you get one that DOES NOT rattle!!!

Or shall we get the pitchforks?

DanBB1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I really wanted the Lumia 920 to be my primary device but god,
I am this close going back to iOS and just abandoning Windows Phone forever cause of this frustration..

Go back to iOS if that rattle is such a big deal for you. iPhone5 has had little bit of build quality issues too, but i'm sure by now they have very good build quality. First batches of any new phone usually tend to have some issues.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Oktay, I did as you said and I don't *think* I have the rattle you describe.

But I honestly don't know if it's an issue, I think it may be the vibration mechanism itself. Perhaps they come from different manufacturers and one simple shakes more than the other. To my knowledge, vibration mechanisms vibrate by moving a weight back and forth through either an offset gear or an electrical switch that moves a metal weight back and forth. So the rattle itself is the vibration mechanism. Seems to me it's doing what it's intended to do.

If I heard something rattling when I picked my phone up I would be worried, as that might indicate something is loose or broken in the device. But as for thinking a device rattles too much when it vibrates may be a subjective response to the vibration feature of the phone.

Jmaxim

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Have had my phone now for 3 weeks and still no rattle. However, I am pretty sure if I want to hear a rattle I will. Same for the clicking screen and dust under the screen, etc, etc, etc.

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I thought I didn't have the rattle, until I dropped my phone on the carpet a few minutes ago. Shook my phone and I can hear it now. Dang it.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

ksbanderson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I still don't understand how so many people didn't realize it was the camera. OIS was a selling point for me, and was marketed as such by Nokia. It's on springs!! Excessive force means bottoming out. Simple. I never intentionally rattle my phone anyway so I never hear it.

randomscandinavian

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I find the Lumia vibration so low and subtle that I initially thought there might have been a fault with it. But coming from an old HTC Desire that shook the entire building when a message arrived, this is indeed very welcome. The very different vibration sound also requires me to get used to listening for it.

My only complaint is that vibration cannot be turned off at the volume rocker quick setting. But this is bound to be changed in a future update. Would be absurd to leave it like this with only two settings. But anyway, this is a different subject.

TheDvlsAdvc8

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I think the "properly" working vibration motor still sounds bad... it still sounds like a rattle-ish. But I guess the issue many are seeing is an extreme rattle, every phone I've seen that has it also has the "click" issue so one wonders if its just a batch that weren't fitted properly to the case.

I ordered my cyan 920 on launch day and don't have the issue.

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My third Lumia 920 finally gets rid of the rattle. But unfortunately there is some light leak, though I can live with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254